Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H

CPU: Intel i7-4790K

PSU: Cosair CS850M

GPU: XFX RX480 8GB x2

RAM: 32GB DDR3 1600MHz

Cooler: Cosair H115i 280mm

Storage: 2x 512 SSDs, 1x 3TB HDD

Back story:

Had my setup above running in a ThermalTake Core V21 case but it was too wide and stocky for my desk.

Looked into what cases are on the market and decided to go for the Fractal Design Define Mini C as it can support upto 5 drives and is almost half the width of the v21

Pictures:

PrePSU.thumb.jpg.321907d9b268b109574694c09c56970f.jpg

PostPSU.thumb.jpg.744deda690aa3daef9ded436ab58ad7f.jpg

GlassyMugShot.thumb.jpg.400c0639a91aa81fadd6875bb3928635.jpg

Much happier with the space saved.
Just need to  get myself a few Red braided 6pin GPU cables and some heat wrap for the 24pin

Current RIG:

Motherboard:    ROG Crosshair VIII Impact
CPU:            AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @4.4GHz
RAM:            32GB DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z
M.2:            1TB Western Digital Black
GPU:            16GB Asrock 7800XT OC
Case:           Fractal Design Define Mini C
Cooler:         Corsair H115i Platinum
PSU:            Corsair CS850M

You don't mention the GPUs, edit that in a wanna know. I'm guessing Xfire 480s

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

24 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

You don't mention the GPUs, edit that in a wanna know. I'm guessing Xfire 480s

Sure are... 2 x XFX RX480s (8GB) in xFire configuration.

CPU's also running at 4.6GHz with a light OC via Intel's tuning utility

Current RIG:

3 minutes ago, mehtaman said:

Sure are... 2 x XFX RX480s (8GB) in xFire configuration.

CPU's also running at 4.6GHz with a light OC via Intel's tuning utility

Nice, my I7 4790K goes 5GHz but got grumpy with YouTube so I have it back at stock because nothing I play can even utilise it to 100% because they are poorly made games lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

40 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Nice, my I7 4790K goes 5GHz but got grumpy with YouTube so I have it back at stock because nothing I play can even utilise it to 100% because they are poorly made games lol

Wish I could pass 4.8GHz but the system just locks up using Intel XTU.

Haven't sat down to play with the motherboard voltages.

I see your Northern Bee project hit 5GHz, have you got some general baseline figures for the voltage that I could try out to get anywhere near that??

Current RIG:

1 minute ago, mehtaman said:

Wish I could pass 4.8GHz but the system just locks up using Intel XTU.

Haven't sat down to play with the motherboard voltages.

I see your Northern Bee project hit 5GHz, have you got some general baseline figures for the voltage that I could try out to get anywhere near that??

boots 5GHz on 1.375V, and its stabile for benchmarks at that, need 1.39V for daily use but as i said some strange problems with youtube ensued. 2V VCC IN, +200mV for the cache, and running that at 4.8GHz to avoid it bottlenecking performance

Builds:

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

boots 5GHz on 1.375V, and its stabile for benchmarks at that, need 1.39V for daily use but as i said some strange problems with youtube ensued. 2V VCC IN, +200mV for the cache, and running that at 4.8GHz to avoid it bottlenecking performance

Thanking you, will play around with these settings later :-)

Current RIG:

1 hour ago, mehtaman said:

Thanking you, will play around with these settings later :-)

Report back what you end up with :D good luck! 

Builds:

Spoiler

Nice build, love that case. I'm really wanting to do a MiTX build or something a lot smaller than my current one. 

Freelance Photographer & Videographer// VR Enthusiast // Purple Reign  - 7700K @5Ghz, Asus Strix 1080Ti, Asus Strix 1070, Corsair Dominator Platinum LE (chrome) 32GB RAM, Corsair 450D, Corsair H115i AIO, Corsair AX860i, Corsair Maglev fans, Samsung 850 500GB SSD, Corsair Metallic Graphite cables, MNPCtech Aluminium cable combs.