SSD vs HDD vs SSHD

hi all !

i want to ask which storage setup is best for development - pentesting - 3D autocad

is it:

1- 1TB SSHD + 1TB HDD (5400rpm)

2- 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD (5400rpm)

3- 1TB HDD (7200rpm) + 1TB HDD (5400rpm)

any opinions are more than appreciated.

2 but a little different

For see get the 850 evo 256 GB (last long + fast)

For hdd I whould save a bit more and get something like the Toshiba p300 3tb. ( 3tb is about double the price of a 1 tb (about 40 more)  and you get triple the storage. It's better for the price. Trust me you will need a bigger one latter on and you will end up spending more)

Option 2 without a shadow of a doubt

SSD as a primary is faster acces both random and seq of big and small files, you will notice the difference

However 5400rpm is garbage, consider a 7200rpm like a Seagate Barracuda

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

500 GB SSD + 3 TB HDD (7200 RPM)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IEKG4NE/ref=psdc_1254762011_t3_B01LYVD7ME

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E500B-AM/dp/B00OBRE5UE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510082419&sr=8-1&keywords=850+evo&dpID=41fw65-8tpL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

^ The above cost < $250 and should last for many years. (you can save 30 dollars by going with a less reliable HDD)

Use the 500 GB for current projects and the 3TB for archiving old data.

You should not be using a HDD boot drive in 2017 unless the machine is just serving the most basic of uses (plex server maybe, maybe NAS?) and cost like $200 or less.

Get the SSD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

thank you so much guys... i will be doing alot of 3D autocad design and heavy development.. so an SSHD is not really good? 

and yeah we are talking about a laptop 

thanks alot !