Certified refurbished iPhone

Hi guys,

so recently I've been thinking to buy myself an iPhone, but since I can't really afford a new 7plus I've been thinking to get a used one.I found some "certified refurbished" iPhones on amazon like this one : 

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-Unlocked-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B0743HF9VY/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1510076846&sr=1-3&dpID=515DTtWQkaL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1 

what do you guys think about certified refurbished iPhones,did you guys have any experience with this kind of phones?

Just now, Max_Settings said:

It's Amazon, if there is anything wrong with it you have 30 days to return it for free. Try it, no harm in doing so.

Oh that's great,thank you.I just wanted to know if someone had experiente with refurbished phones 

Just now, Mekkerino said:

Oh that's great,thank you.I just wanted to know if someone had experiente with refurbished phones 

Personally I haven't but like I said you have 30 days to try it and see if there is anything wrong with it. The only thing I could see being an issue is the battery life not being great because iPhone batteries wear out after about a year. My 7+ for the first 6 months I had it I never dropped below 20%. Then about the last 3 months I couldn't go from 8AM-1PM without it dying.

Personally I haven't but like I said you have 30 days to try it and see if there is anything wrong with it. The only thing I could see being an issue is the battery life not being great because iPhone batteries wear out after about a year. My 7+ for the first 6 months I had it I never dropped below 20%. Then about the last 3 months I couldn't go from 8AM-1PM without it dying.

Ohh,well that's why i want to buy the 7+,for the battery I mean.A colleague of mine has one and he has seen no issues with the battery.He's been using it for 1 year.Also as far as I know the battery is being swapped out in the process of refurbishing.

Ohh,well that's why i want to buy the 7+,for the battery I mean.A colleague of mine has one and he has seen no issues with the battery.He's been using it for 1 year.Also as far as I know the battery is being swapped out in the process of refurbishing.

Oh well if it has a battery swap then go for it then.

Oh well if it has a battery swap then go for it then.

Also,you're saying that between 8am and 1 pm your 7+'s battery drops to 0%?

I am having the problem with battery life too, I have had it since last November but over the last two (or so) months it has been draining so much quicker...

3 minutes ago, Mekkerino said:

Also,you're saying that between 8am and 1 pm your 7+'s battery drops to 0%?

It did the last 3 months I had it. But now I have an iPhone X.

Just now, Pleuvior said:

I am having the problem with battery life too, I have had it since last November but over the last two (or so) months it has been draining so much quicker...

maybe because of some software update?...

Doesn't ship to Canada... dammit. Though I would much prefer a 6S just so I have a headphone jack. Yes I'm still a 3.5mm headphone jack peasant. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, Mekkerino said:

maybe because of some software update?...

I have stuck with iOS 10 for a while, If you were wondering it was due to software I require...

I have seperate devices on iOS 11 and I haven't seen a diffrence.

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Doesn't ship to Canada... dammit. Though I would much prefer a 6S just so I have a headphone jack. Yes I'm still a 3.5mm headphone jack peasant. 

You can use the adapter or get a cool case that has one in it!

Just now, Pleuvior said:

I have stuck with iOS 10 for a while, If you were wondering it was due to software I require...

I have seperate devices on iOS 11 and I haven't seen a diffrence.

So, in a nutshell, after 7 months 7+ battery just begins tu suck ass

So, in a nutshell, after 7 months 7+ battery just begins tu suck ass

Unfortunately, Yes.

2 minutes ago, Pleuvior said:

You can use the adapter or get a cool case that has one in it!

I'm still put off by the whole dongle thing. Apple was the king of "it just works out of the box" back in the old iMac days. Perhaps a case wouldn't be a bad idea, still puts me off though. :dry:

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I live in Romania and found one that ships with prime to my country

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I'm still put off but the whole dongle thing. Apple was the king of "it just works out of the box" back in the old iMac days. Perhaps a case wouldn't be a bad idea, still puts me off though. :dry:

I don't blame you, It took a a while to get used to it but its better to invest in bluetooth now rather than later!