Why so many Define R4 fanboy/fangirls

brownninja97
Go to solution Solved by Tr1kk1,

im not trying to be a dick about so dont put me on the same level as those dicks on youtube. Anyways im just trying to understand why so many people like the case when i dont see anything special in it.  I apologise if im coming across as a dick.

Before i bought the define r4.I had the cooler master haf XB,Which is a awesome case,I had to change it because it was next to me,and i couldn't take the noise,my R0 280X was making.So the reason i bought the R4,was pretty simple.I looked several videos and forum posts,about different cases.My last 2 choices was a Corsair case or the R4.And i chose the R4,Secondly,It's quiet,runs cool,i like the "rugged" feel to it.I would even hide the whole case,if it could run quiet and cool.

I've desired this case for awhile now. I don't remember ever hopping on the bandwagon because of Linus or another. It simply seemed to contain the best features with the cleanest looks. It has plenty of 3.5 in drive bays, a large window, black interior, smart design, etc etc. Perfect amount of 5.25 in drive bays. Wide stance (lots of room). No tacky design aesthetics No stupid water cooling holes on the back. I like the white and black colors and the design of the feet. If I were to buy another case, I would buy the R4 and I know it would look great for yeeeeears

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

You're* :rolleyes: also you're not the boss here.... everybody can make certain topics everyway he or she wants.

here i tell you what, why waste your time by replying to someone who hates the thing you have?

I don't think anyone should come on a tech forum and make a thread about hating any particular item, especially something as subjective and personal as a case decision. Shouldn't this be a place to talk about things we like and would recommend? It's like whoever started this topic wanted to argue with someone. Seems pointless.

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

I just bought one,Let me say that the build quality and how silent and cool everything runs it's great.My computer is under the table,so i don't need a flashy side window,leds,nor do i ever buy going to buy those.To me the computer is hidden and quiet,is more important.And btw,this post should have been deleted from the start.Why you waste your time on something you hate? Your just the same as all the haters on youtube,who has to go on every channel to post how much they hate the product,music,movies......  

im not trying to be a dick about so dont put me on the same level as those dicks on youtube. Anyways im just trying to understand why so many people like the case when i dont see anything special in it.  I apologise if im coming across as a dick.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

no you're not a dick *hugs*

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

I don't think anyone should come on a tech forum and make a thread about hating any particular item, especially something as subjective and personal as a case decision. Shouldn't this be a place to talk about things we like and would recommend? It's like whoever started this topic wanted to argue with someone. Seems pointless.

This is by no means a hate thread, i want to understand why people like it, I dont hate the case or the owners of it at all, i want people to tell me what they like about it

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

no you're not a dick *hugs*

1259145604083.jpg

Listen if you care.

it's the internet... its full of pointless things

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

Before i bought the define r4.I had the cooler master haf XB,Which is a awesome case,I had to change it because it was next to me,and i couldn't take the noise,my R0 280X was making.So the reason i bought the R4,was pretty simple.I looked several videos and forum posts,about different cases.My last 2 choices was a Corsair case or the R4.And i chose the R4,Secondly,It's quiet,runs cool,i like the "rugged" feel to it.I would even hide the whole case,if it could run quiet and cool.

your comment explains it to me, im not affected by noise at all, i normally have a podcast, anime, music or a screaming parent so i dont hear the fans. Also headphones stop the sound. 

Listen if you care.

I bought the R4 because of its reputation and reviews....and after a few months I have severe buyers remorse.

It looks nice and has ok cable management, but I have issues with quality. I also feel the cable management aspect is over-hyped with this case.

Main quality issue I have is case rattle:

• The front plastic assembly buzzes from time to time.
  • The window side panel has to be over tightened in order to prevent it from buzzing.
  • The lower hard drive assembly rattles.

Other non-major issues I have are:

• Plastic used for window scratches very easily even a microfiber leaves marks.
  • Top fan vents are buckled outwards slightly.
  • Room behind motherboard panel is lacking imo (for cable management).
  • 10 days have passed on my support ticket with fractal and I have not heard anything.

Now I know I only paid $110 for the case but these issues have been bothering me a lot...especially the buzzing/rattling. Additionally I don't feel there is really anything they can do to fix it for me. I am very hesitant to do any sorta of "RMA" on the case if one is offered because of my experiences with this one.

I am shopping around for a more sturdy case which seems to be difficult to do without spending $300 (which I may end up doing). I looked at the Corsair Air 540 and 750D but they felt very flimsy.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X