ubuntu help

34 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

since when any os will detect and install automatically?

Since about Windows XP SP2. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

28 minutes ago, etholau04 said:

do i use fat32 like before to install ubuntu?

It's better to use EXT4, fat32 has a lot of limits and is not suitable for a modern operating system.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 hours ago, Sauron said:

How do you think windows is able to get 90% of your stuff working out of the box?

That number is too much. For me linux is much better because it works out of the box on my laptop when windows 7/8/8.1 does not install network card driver. I did not try "spyos" 10 though.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

1 minute ago, mate_mate91 said:

That number is too much. For me linux is much better because it works out of the box on my laptop when windows 7/8/8.1 does not install network card driver. I did not try "spyos" 10 though.

Once I took an ssd with windows 10 on it out of a computer and put it in a completely different computer. It booted just and the only thing I had to install was the graphics card's driver. In the overwhelming majority of cases windows is more likely to work out of the box than any linux distribution. As with everything, there are some exceptions. I don't know what laptop you're using, but most come with windows and it should be easy to get any driver you need for them, even if windows doesn't download it automatically; on the other hand, in some cases there simply isn't a linux driver for some components. It's a good idea to do some research when buying a laptop for linux for that reason.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*