Black and White Windows 10 Desktop

Go to solution Solved by Wheatcake,

I figured out how to fix this issue.

I accidentally pressed the: CTRL + Windows Key + C simultaneously and that applied a 'colour filter'. I found out I can either press those keys again to turn the colour filter off or you can go into Settings > Ease Of Access > Colour & High Contrast then disable the 'Apply colour filter switch'. Mine defaulted to grayscale so that when it was activated a grayscale was applied to windows. I hope this helps anyone else.

Just a couple minutes ago my screen went black and white. My whole desktop.

I tried restarting and the windows 10 startup logo and lock screen were in colour, I unlock my computer and everything is black and white again. Even my monitor menu is in colour. I have no idea what I pressed, I think that last thing I did was copy a youtube link. Hope someone can help me asap.

DxDiag.txt

EDIT: I have also noticed that when I get the confirmation boxes such as when you run something as administrator and have to click 'Yes' or 'No' that is also in colour, as well as my background. I pick and option or even close it and I go right back to being in Black and White.

EDIT: FIXED

I accidentally pressed the: CTRL + Windows Key + C simultaneously and that applied a 'colour filter'. I found out I can either press those keys again to turn the colour filter off or you can go into Settings > Ease Of Access > Colour & High Contrast then disable the 'Apply colour filter switch'. Mine defaulted to grayscale so that when it was activated a grayscale was applied to windows. I hope this helps anyone else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5. 11. 2017 at 2:25 PM, DarthTom56 said:

Thank you man, I was just troubleshooting the same thing on a friend's PC.

Now I don't have to waste anymore time than I already did.

(At least I got rid of some adware in the process...)

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II