Mic for indoor recording

Cryosec

I need suggestions on a cheap (< 50€) indoor microphone to record 3 guys talking, while being better than the DSLR mic. I was looking at a shotgun mic (Takstar SGC-598) but I read online that shotguns aren't the best for indoor.

What could I use?

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

You may want to use something omni directional.  I personally like my shotgun mic when it's just me talking.  If you're willing to buy 3 sets of lav mics, I've always found them to be the easiest to work with, granted no one is moving too much.

I personally use

https://www.amazon.com/MAONO-Lavalier-Microphone-Omnidirectional-Condenser/dp/B01M4J5WCM/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1509730547&sr=8-4-fkmr0&keywords=Lav+Mic+Audiotica

Esp if if one of the three guys says something out of the mics range, thats going to be a problem.

From my experience, a VideoMic Go is a solid choice. It also comes with the option to add a Deadcat (good for outdoor audio) if you do outdoor stuff. It goes on the hotshoe of a DSLR and plugs into the mic in jack.

Another one

Thanks for reading, if I got something wrong, please let me know by replying to this comment.

Want to see more tech and photography opinions from me? Here's a convenient link ;):

Sorry, the website is still being set up. I'll try to get it finished as soon as possible.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Cryosec said:

I need suggestions on a cheap (< 50€) indoor microphone to record 3 guys talking, while being better than the DSLR mic. I was looking at a shotgun mic (Takstar SGC-598) but I read online that shotguns aren't the best for indoor.

What could I use?

Rode VideoMicro, I have it myself and is perfect for inside AND outside.

1 minute ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

Hey, thanks dude

Another one

Thanks for reading, if I got something wrong, please let me know by replying to this comment.

Want to see more tech and photography opinions from me? Here's a convenient link ;):

Sorry, the website is still being set up. I'll try to get it finished as soon as possible.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Donny_Chen said:

If you're willing to buy 3 sets of lav mics

multiple lav mics would mean the need for multiple inputs, right? can't do that atm

7 minutes ago, Sam. said:

From my experience, a VideoMic Go is a solid choice. It also comes with the option to add a Deadcat (good for outdoor audio) if you do outdoor stuff. It goes on the hotshoe of a DSLR and plugs into the mic in jack.

VideoMic Go is quite above budget (70€) and I can't go that high :( 

1 minute ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

I found it at 54€, would it be good for mid distance recording? three guys will be at a table less than 3m from the camera, so it won't be something like a vlog usage

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Just now, Cryosec said:

multiple lav mics would mean the need for multiple inputs, right? can't do that atm

VideoMic Go is quite above budget (70€) and I can't go that high :( 

I found it at 54€, would it be good for mid distance recording? three guys will be at a table less than 3m from the camera, so it won't be something like a vlog usage

Rode projects tend to do so. I think you'll be fine with a videomicro.

Another one

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Sam. said:

Rode projects tend to do so. I think you'll be fine with a videomicro.

10 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Not for 3 guys talking no...

He needs an omni directional pickup pattern while videomic has supercardiod and while its good for vocal but that mic is for Vlog stuff not for say multiple people like interview..it will work u wont get a good result.

For that budget multiple lav mic is the best choice atm but yes it requires a multiple input..but i heard u can use Multiple 3.5 adapter so u can connect 3 or 5 3.5mm device at once but i never tried it..

here's the products its 2 3.5mm to 1 btw

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Splitter-BEBONCOOL-Recording-Headset/dp/B072L22RWH/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1509731843&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=audio+splitter+jack&psc=1

what about a Samson Meteor?