USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C Case

tyem

Ok so..

I recently ordered a new motherboard to upgrade from my i5-2500k / Asus P8Z68-V Pro with only 8GB of 1600Mhz ram.

The motherboard is the Strix Z370E from Asus, and I went for it over the Z370F because of some minnor features and the new Usb 3.1 Gen2 header  for some futureproofing, Also going only for the i5-8400 (or 8600K) hoping that intel's 9th gen will be still compatible with Z370 ( I know that's very naive from me) and 32Gb of TridentZ RGB (more for the aura compatibility since I also have a Strix Graphics card)

My problem is right now, that I have to build a pc from my old parts, basically just get the storage and graphics card out of my system and put an old GTX 560Ti in it to give it to someone, That means that I still need a case and a power supply, Obviously the Power Supply is no issue. The problem is with the case because I wasn't planning on upgrading it this soon, I was just going to wait for some new cases (that take advantage of the new 3.1 Gen2 interfaces) to launch.

I know that for now there is only the InWin 805C that uses that, and I'm not even sure if it uses the 3.1 Gen2 or a normal usb motherboard header. But this case is really not on my taste, not to mention the abysmal airflow.

I just wonder if you can help. Do you know of any cases that uses this interface? If I must upgrade now I wish to take advantage of it even if I don't need it right now. I'd just like to have it.

Take in consideration that I do not want to pay $800 for an Enthoo Elite.

The price should be lower than  180 euros or $200 for the case.

I pretty much love the H500P and I hate that it doesn't have this feature. 

I also read something about some stuff that you can put in your 5.25" bay that can use it? Any ideeas ?

P.S. I still have some time to decide because the i5-8400/8600k is still not available on amazon.fr

I also recently built a PC in a Mastercase Maker 5 that has USB type-C but I know for a fact that it does NOT use the USB 3.1 Gen2 Header

Dimitri from HardwareCanucks took one of the usb 3.1 gen2 c modules that lianli sells for their cases and chopped up  his define r5 to fit it in, you could do something like that

I thought I saw something like that in one of Paul's hardware videos. But yeah I know what you mean, but it takes a lot of time and precision to not ruin the case.

6 hours ago, Ruffleduffle said:

Paul from Paul's Hardware took one of the usb 3.1 gen2 c modules that lianli sells for their cases and chopped up  his define r5 to fit it in, you could do something like that

FTFY ;) 

6 hours ago, tyem said:

I thought I saw something like that in one of Paul's hardware videos. But yeah I know what you mean, but it takes a lot of time and precision to not ruin the case.

Honestly your best bet is to do what Paul did. Almost any Type C connector you'll see on the market only is using 3.1 Gen 1 (Cooler master Master Case 5T, In win 805,) None of them come with a gen 2 connector yet. The Cosmos II (C700P) does, but it's not worth for the price you pay.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

16 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

FTFY ;) 

Honestly your best bet is to do what Paul did. Almost any Type C connector you'll see on the market only is using 3.1 Gen 1 (Cooler master Master Case 5T, In win 805,) None of them come with a gen 2 connector yet. The Cosmos II (C700P) does, but it's not worth for the price you pay.

Not to mention how ugly the C700P is, I would consider paying more than 200 for a case but I really have to like it, I wouldnt pay 150 for the C700P, no offense for people who actually like it.

Yeah I "kinda decided" on the H500P I just wonder how would I do that and not ruin the case..
BTW can you recommend a cable, with link from amazon.fr if possible for a cable module that I could use for that?

4 hours ago, tyem said:

Not to mention how ugly the C700P is, I would consider paying more than 200 for a case but I really have to like it, I wouldnt pay 150 for the C700P, no offense for people who actually like it.

Yeah I "kinda decided" on the H500P I just wonder how would I do that and not ruin the case..
BTW can you recommend a cable, with link from amazon.fr if possible for a cable module that I could use for that?

I wouldnt get the H500P, it actually has airflow issues due to it's design using big fans that dont actually get enough air from the side vents. 

AS for the cable, I just looked and everywhere is "out of stock" so I dont know where you can source it

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I wouldnt get the H500P, it actually has airflow issues due to it's design using big fans that dont actually get enough air from the side vents. 

AS for the cable, I just looked and everywhere is "out of stock" so I dont know where you can source it

for the cable I just got a notification from amazon.fr that is on stock, but its no emergency and actually now I'm leaning more towards the noctis 450 ROG from NZXT because almost everything is ROG in my future rig. Im not sure I will be able to use the cable in this case tho.

7 minutes ago, tyem said:

for the cable I just got a notification from amazon.fr that is on stock, but its no emergency and actually now I'm leaning more towards the noctis 450 ROG from NZXT because almost everything is ROG in my future rig. Im not sure I will be able to use the cable in this case tho.

I mean if you're willing to fork out that kinda money for the case, go for it. It's not a bad case per say, just a bit dated. It would match though

I know its dated, the ROG version was launched this year as a "refresh":D I'm not actually set on it anyway, I have time I'm still waiting for the CPU to  become available on amazon.fr I will leave case at last maybe something else is launched meanwhile. Thanks for the replies anyways,

Cheers