Is my power supply good enough?

1 minute ago, Preston builds said:

ok show me

Actually what happened to your thermal paste that came with the cooler!? Just use that

That's an F in the profile pic

1 minute ago, IziBartek said:

Thermal paste - max. 2$

Cryorig  M9i - 20$

and 40$ for a PSU

The cheapest i can get thermal paste, an m9i and a decent PSU for in my country is $90 and that is without shipping so probably about $110

2 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Actually what happened to your thermal paste that came with the cooler!? Just use that

there was no thermal paste with the cooler, not even mounting hardware

Just now, Preston builds said:

The cheapest i can get thermal paste, an m9i and a decent PSU for in my country is $90 and that is without shipping so probably about $110

Define a decent PSU

That's an F in the profile pic

Mate... Sell your cooler... Get a Corsair or EVGA PSU... Get a stock cooler... Thermal paste comes with it... Dont overclock.... Stock speeds are enough for you... Atleast until you get the money to get the cooler again.

3 minutes ago, IziBartek said:

Mate... Sell your cooler... Get a Corsair or EVGA PSU... Get a stock cooler... Thermal paste comes with it... Dont overclock.... Stock speeds are enough for you... Atleast until you get the money to get the cooler again.

no stock speeds arent good enough, i have problems with fps in some games that id like to at least give a small 5fps increase to

Just now, IziBartek said:

Well, using toothpaste wont get you any closer to the +5fps

well it was the best solution i had at the time of building the computer

1 hour ago, Preston builds said:

well it was the best solution i had at the time of building the computer

if you cant afford thermal paste, you cant afford a computer.....you know that video Linus did was a joke right? you shouldn't actually be using toothpaste. i would recommend doing chores and getting your parents to give you money so you can buy actual thermal paste and a better PSU, or you, know like the others said, get rid of the AIO and use that money to buy the components

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

okay, at this point i can tell you are not thinking simple enough. you can get really decent Corsair or Antec psu's used. i had an Antec psu that i bought used, that was from 2006, worked for 6 years for me until i started getting bluescreens with it. 

if you return that water cooler you have like $60 to spend right? 

i build a core 2 quad rig with a geforce 9800gt for that money. the whole system. case and everything. 

now yes, i got some great deals, and in your country (i don't know where that is) used parts maybe more expensive, and that woudn't work. 

also, you are complaining you can't play "some games" at decent fps. that's fine. turn down your settings. or play other games.

trust me, for the vast majority of my life that's where i was at. 

until 6 months ago, i was using a core 2 duo rig, with a radeon hd 6670. the only game i could play at 60fps was minecraft. 

if you don't have a job or money, that sucks, but using toothpaste as thermal compound won't help you. 

i mean, according to your profile you have a gtx 960!!! i realize you bought that with birthday money or whatever, but seriously, you could have gotten a 950 instead. with the money you would have saved you could have bought a decent psu, and a good cooler. 

i'm honestly starting to think you don't know how to handle money and don't know how to save up. if you knew, you would have made different choices for sure. 

the advice i would give you is: return that water cooler, get proper thermal paste, get a decent psu, and don't overclock. 

get a job, start saving up and get something better then. 

She/Her