PC Freezes Randomly

KrandeKraft

Hello there,

I have a big problem with my pc. Every 10-60 seconds my PC freezes for like 5-10 seconds and then resumes normaly. the CPU seems to drop to 0% during this time (maybe its just taskmanager who isn't collecting data during this time).

The Mouse sometimes changes to two pink lines after this happens.

I cant play games anymore because they will crash as soon as i want to start them. The Temps are at 50degrees so quite normal.

My Specs:

i7 6700K

16 GB DDR4 RAM

GTX 1070

m.2 SSD Samsung 950 512GB

1 TB SSD Samsung 850 Evo

Windows 10

Runs at 4k

Any Ideas?

Providing a spec sheet is useless. Can you supply a system log or sorts, or can you give us some context? (e.g. I was watching a forum thread)

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.5GHz Corsair H100i v2 | Asus Z170-A | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8 3200Mhz | Samsung 960 EVO 1TB + 850 EVO 250GB + Seagate 1TB | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+G | Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit (PcPartPicker)

My guess is the PSU isn't giving enough power off or its on its way out. The only real way to test that is to get another one and try. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Sorry.

I just started a game a hour ago and it chrashed, since then the freezing appears. When the PC freezes the sound continues just normal. There are 48 entrys in the windows eventlog titled "Kernel-Power" in the last 7 days but none today. There are also 30 entrys of today who MATCH the freezing titeled "Disk": faulty block on device Harddisk3\DR3 which is strange because I only have two harddrives.

You probably have some corrupt system files or other corrupt spaces on your drives. It could also be caused by some malicious program. I'd recommend running your preferred Antivirus and antimalware solution and get back to us with the results.

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.5GHz Corsair H100i v2 | Asus Z170-A | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8 3200Mhz | Samsung 960 EVO 1TB + 850 EVO 250GB + Seagate 1TB | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+G | Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit (PcPartPicker)

Sorry again for giving only that much information at the begining. I now found the problem randomly... It was an usb stick which apparently is broken and somehow managed to produce this freezes... Thats why drive 3...

Any Ideas how a stick is able to do this?

Thanks for the fast help!

Probably trying to resolve something with the host system... (your computer) Like I said, you should also run some utilities to make sure that request is not from a malicious program. I would also recommend formatting that drive.

Desktop: