Best cheapest router for gaming QoS

C3S4R

Hello, i was doing some research about how to improve my online gaming experience and found out that with a router capable of dynamic adjust QoS traffic control, i can have low latency while others are streaming or whatever on the same network. I have an internet connection of 3Mbps Down and 1Mpbs Up and its $57 at month so yeah Central America problems, so buying a faster internet is not and option and most of the routers i found with that feature are $200+ so i need some recommendations of routers with a good wireless signal and the QoS traffic control feature around <$100.

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.05Ghz| CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | Motherboard -  AORUS X470 GAMING 7 WIFI | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (2x8GB) @ 3533Mhz | Graphics Card - AORUS RTX 2070 XTREME @ 2085 Mhz | Power Supply - EVGA 500W 80+ | Storage - Samsung 970 Evo 256GB | WD Back 1TB SDD | WD Back 1TB HDD | Kingston A400 120GB SSD | Kingston A400 240GB SSD | Hitachi 320GB HDD | Case - Cooler Master MC500

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro x64 | Peripherals - Razer Blackwidow X TE | Razer Firefly | Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma | Razer Mamba TE | Mionix NAOS 7000 | Razer Megalodon 7.1 | XP-PEN G640

@C3S4R, with that speeds not router will help you. Sorry for begin so direct but it is the truth.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I use the same connection speed here in the US, and I can tell you that QOS in any form is going to cause you more problems than you already have.  I have tried it on my nighthawk router and it just causes higher pings.  Its great if you need to actually control bandwidth per device because it will (usually) keep one device from hogging everything, but my pings in overwatch went from 40-50 when I am the only one playing, and around 80-140 when someone else is using the internet to averaging around 500 or as high as 800 with QOS enabled.  I will flip it on from time to time if I am trying to watch netflix or something while someone else is also using the internet, but I always turn it off before gaming. 

5 hours ago, Leonard said:

@C3S4R, with that speeds not router will help you. Sorry for begin so direct but it is the truth.

Hahaha i know, but i just want to limit the bandwith in the network.

5 hours ago, intender said:

I use the same connection speed here in the US, and I can tell you that QOS in any form is going to cause you more problems than you already have.  I have tried it on my nighthawk router and it just causes higher pings.  Its great if you need to actually control bandwidth per device because it will (usually) keep one device from hogging everything, but my pings in overwatch went from 40-50 when I am the only one playing, and around 80-140 when someone else is using the internet to averaging around 500 or as high as 800 with QOS enabled.  I will flip it on from time to time if I am trying to watch netflix or something while someone else is also using the internet, but I always turn it off before gaming. 

well when i play Overwatch my ping is around 80-90 and if someone uses the internet like for youtube or something it goes up de 1300 but i think that limiting the bandwith to 2MB and let that 1MB free well help.

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.05Ghz| CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | Motherboard -  AORUS X470 GAMING 7 WIFI | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (2x8GB) @ 3533Mhz | Graphics Card - AORUS RTX 2070 XTREME @ 2085 Mhz | Power Supply - EVGA 500W 80+ | Storage - Samsung 970 Evo 256GB | WD Back 1TB SDD | WD Back 1TB HDD | Kingston A400 120GB SSD | Kingston A400 240GB SSD | Hitachi 320GB HDD | Case - Cooler Master MC500

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro x64 | Peripherals - Razer Blackwidow X TE | Razer Firefly | Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma | Razer Mamba TE | Mionix NAOS 7000 | Razer Megalodon 7.1 | XP-PEN G640

9 hours ago, C3S4R said:

Hahaha i know, but i just want to limit the bandwith in the network.

--gone--

you don't want to limit the bandwidth what you want to do is configure the QoS to eradicate or lessen something called bufferbloat that is where most of your lag comes from but you will also have to understand the limitations of your connection speeds.

Another thing is that most routers that have QoS with stock firmware is rubbish and seldom allows you to create proper rules for port triggering which is why third party firmware exists but it comes with a risk of having either a bad firmware or a bad understanding of how to flash the firmware both which can brick the router, the upside is that you can recover a router but it takes a very good understanding of how to do it but there are tutorials no how to do so..

I'll put some amazon.com choices, hopefully you shop there too, in the order of best to good for your budget.  

1. https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Tri-Band-Archer-C3200/dp/B00YY3XSSA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1509289334&sr=8-2&keywords=tplink+ac+router
  2. https://www.amazon.com/Dual-band-Wireless-AC1900-Gigabit-Router-RT-AC68U/dp/B00FB45SI4/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1509289822&sr=1-3&keywords=ac+router&refinements=p_89%3AAsus
  3. https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Gigabit-Archer-C8/dp/B00N2ROH0C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1509289334&sr=8-4&keywords=tplink+ac+router
  4. https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-Parental-Controls-Compatible/dp/B00F0DD0I6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1509289286&sr=8-4&keywords=netgear+ac+router

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.