Power-line Ethernet Adapter slow speeds

Saddy

Hello, I recently moved my power-line ethernet adapter, and now my ethernet speeds have dropped by over 6 times. (WHAT I AM USING). I have tried what tech support said, but there support is horrid and I won't get another response for days. If anyone knows how to fix this it would be appreciated. 

I am also getting this error when I use Windows Network Diagnostics

qFQ2tXKySd6CWr1IvDA7vA.png

Thank you for your help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post solved your problem, please press the check below :).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ensure that it is plugged directly into the wall, hope this helps. Thats what happened with mine. Or reset the Powerline altogether:D .

Just found some guide saying how to fix it. Restarting my pc now to see if it works or not. Right now, it is plugged into a gigabit ethernet switch, would that be a problem?

The video did not fix it ^^

The switch shouldn't be an issue unless all devices connected are gobbling up a good chunk of your speed.

It might be the adapter itself, I don't see a lot of positive reviews on it =/

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

The switch shouldn't be an issue unless all devices connected are gobbling up a good chunk of your speed.

It might be the adapter itself, I don't see a lot of positive reviews on it =/

OK, I will try moving it directly to the wall. I have had the adapter for a while now, and it was working perfect until now.

On 10/28/2017 at 12:02 PM, Saddy said:

OK, I will try moving it directly to the wall. I have had the adapter for a while now, and it was working perfect until now.

Powerline relies on your wall outlets connecting to each other as directly as possible. Wall outlets can have a lot of weird wiring, so it can take a lot of trial and error to get them connected properly. I don't know much about that error in particular, but it could come from connecting so slow it can't read all the data it needs for handshakes.To fix this I would suggest trying test plugging it in to all the wall sockets you can.