anyone know how to fix the mouse stutter on Destiny 2?

Zohan2000

Does anyone here know how to fix the mouse stutter on PC? really annoying and nearly unplayable at times :/ doesnt happen on any other games or on the desktop either, tried changing the mouse surface, the mouse, different USB port, reinstalled the mouse drivers mouse is the Logitech G502 spectrum

heres a video (not mine) that shows whats happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkVDlqxpQgo

That's weird, I also have the g502 and I've been playing destiny 2 since launch and never experienced this. 

7 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

That's weird, I also have the g502 and I've been playing destiny 2 since launch and never experienced this. 

its extremely annoying, gets stuck at times as well :/

Chances are it may be video related or destiny 2 being an unoptimized POS 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

thanks to a person on facebook the issue was the polling rate for my mouse through logitech's software, was set at 1000 and i put it down to 500 and its running normally

9 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Chances are it may be video related or destiny 2 being an unoptimized POS 

That's definitely not the case. I'm playing at 3440 X 1440, with just about everything maxed and resolution scaling at 125% and this game has literally never dropped below 60fps. It looks very nice, though I don't agree with some who say it is amazing. 

I'm on 1080ti, 6700k and 16gb. There aren't many games I can play maxed at that resolution that stay 100% above 60fps.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

its 100% mouse hardware related, (consol-itius) maybe ? have not found a fix yet but what i did figure out if you have a xbox one controller hooked up you can grab it and its butter smooth, grab your mouse its stutters like hell looking side to side, you can  go back and forth and test this, the only fix is to restart destiny, someone said in another post changing polling rate on mouse from 1000mhz to 125 mhz fixes it but it dosent work for me, this really needs resolved i dont want to play with a controller

That's weird I'm using 1000 polling rate witha g502 on destiny 2 and don't have this issue.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

sadly still getting it as well, was fixed for awhile but now its back again :/ getting extremely annoying

I had this whilst using an uncapped framerate, just like in dishonoured 2 though not as bad. Using the in game limiter and setting it to 60 fixes it for me, just like dishonoured 2

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

10 minutes ago, Zohan2000 said:

sadly still getting it as well, was fixed for awhile but now its back again :/ getting extremely annoying

I dunno if this helps, but I had a game where I had similar issues (can't recall which one though) and the reason was a hooked up controller. When the controller was enabled, mouse movement was crap, when I disabled it everything was fine. It was a regular x360 wireless. 

Took me forever to find out what it was.

But as I said, no idea if that is the same issue here. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

6 hours ago, mapegl said:

I dunno if this helps, but I had a game where I had similar issues (can't recall which one though) and the reason was a hooked up controller. When the controller was enabled, mouse movement was crap, when I disabled it everything was fine. It was a regular x360 wireless. 

Took me forever to find out what it was.

But as I said, no idea if that is the same issue here. 

Don't have a controller plugged in

6 hours ago, leelaa14 said:

I had this whilst using an uncapped framerate, just like in dishonoured 2 though not as bad. Using the in game limiter and setting it to 60 fixes it for me, just like dishonoured 2

I have the FPS capped at 144

30 minutes ago, Zohan2000 said:

Don't have a controller plugged in

I have the FPS capped at 144

Yeah try at 60. I to have a 144 Hz monitor but I've found same game just don't play nice over 60 and sometimes higher frames don't feel as smooth. 

So far these games for me are dishonoured 2, destiny 2 and portal Knights.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000