Momentary Buttons

I am building a PC into an Ikea cabinet. I need a little help with the power button. I am a little confused over the momentary nature of the poser button. My research to date inclines me to belive that this RGB Anti-Vandal Button is what I am looking for. Am I right?

Can someone clarify the difference between 2 and three poles and the difference between On-On vs On-(On)?

Thanks -> Rant

5 minutes ago, G_Rant said:

I am building a PC into an Ikea cabinet. I need a little help with the power button. I am a little confused over the momentary nature of the poser button. My research to date inclines me to belive that this RGB Anti-Vandal Button is what I am looking for. Am I right?

Can someone clarify the difference between 2 and three poles and the difference between On-On vs On-(On)?

Thanks -> Rant

For a power button you require a On-Mom, or Off-Mom as the switch can be configured to be NC (normally closed) or NO (normally open). Here is one that would fit your needs.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/modmytoys-anodized-illuminated-switch-silver-25mm-momentary-rgb-ring.html

Look above. Ignore me I'm a dumb monkey.

Edited by Jaxder

Gaming Desktop: ASRock Phantom Gaming X, R9-3900x, 64GB RAM, 1.5TB SSD

NAS Box: Gigabyte Z97, i5-4690, 32GB RAM, 22TB, 1TB SSD Cache.

20 hours ago, W-L said:

For a power button you require a On-Mom, or Off-Mom as the switch can be configured to be NC (normally closed) or NO (normally open). Here is one that would fit your needs.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/modmytoys-anodized-illuminated-switch-silver-25mm-momentary-rgb-ring.html

So either a on-(on) or an off-(on) configuration? The (on) 

The button you link to - can that be controlled from an RGB header? My hope is to add it on a splitter to the header controlling my InWin Polaris fans. 

Also, I really like that the button come pre-wired and sleeved in basic black. 

1 hour ago, G_Rant said:

The button you link to - can that be controlled from an RGB header? My hope is to add it on a splitter to the header controlling my InWin Polaris fans. 

Yes it looks to be a 12V style controller so regular analog control on an RGB header will work. For a power button you want momentary switches so (On-Mom, or Off-Mom).

10 hours ago, G_Rant said:

Direct from PPCS them selves. They have no idea with the headers if it will work or not.

I have RGB switches rated 12V and it refused to work correctly with RGB color.

You want Mom-on, Mom-off or just Mom-off. You also have to be careful on the type of pole & Contact Arrangement.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon