why wont it go louder?

caseyf

i recently setup my new audio stuff, it is a at2020 connected through focusrite solo and im using hyperx cloud II's i have everything on full blast yet its so quiet and my friends cant hear my talk even with it on full volume

Have you selected the correct input device in both the windows recording devices and the application?

If no, go into recording devices, do you see the signal on the the bars next to the device name?

If no, have you turned on phantom power (the button marked +48v under the gain knob)?

If yes, the gain knob should be lit up green and the knob set at around 2/3 to 3/4.

In the device properties, check the level isn't at zero.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2017 at 1:22 PM, anothertom said:

Have you selected the correct input device in both the windows recording devices and the application?

If no, go into recording devices, do you see the signal on the the bars next to the device name?

If no, have you turned on phantom power (the button marked +48v under the gain knob)?

If yes, the gain knob should be lit up green and the knob set at around 2/3 to 3/4.

In the device properties, check the level isn't at zero.

did all that, the gain doesn't turn green though. its green for a second when you move the switch under it around but then goes back to no light... also the main problem is my friends not being able to hear me say anything plus music sounds fucking TERRIBLE. its just disgusting honestly idk what to do at this point i think its probably just the fucking focusrite and if you can recommend something else that would be helpful. thanks