Connect outside camera wireless

Dujith

I'm trying to figure out how to get a camera near my storage to work wireless.

My situation is this:

I have a small storage area behind my house. Between the storage area and my house is a road.

So i cannot get a cable there, not without it costing me alot and ofc i have to go to city hall to get permission :S 

There is a clear line of sight between the 2 points. +/- 15 meter (50 feet)

The camera will output 1 stream of 2-8 Mbps i might get a second camera there putting the max around 20 Mbps

I would also like to have an AP there for when i work there.

So from my house i would guess a beam from my house to the storage and from the receiver there a cable to an AP and cables to the camera's.

Anyone has any experience with such a setup? what combo should i use? I have been searching but i am more confused now then when i started :D 

just know that if you are using a camera for security purposes wireless might sound good, but the thief only needs a simple wifi jammer to make sure the signal isn't transfered right. unless the camera has internal storage too which is large enough to store multiple minutes of footage and send it later when the signal is restored you might miss the footage you want...

4 minutes ago, Levisallanon said:

just know that if you are using a camera for security purposes wireless might sound good, but the thief only needs a simple wifi jammer to make sure the signal isn't transfered right. unless the camera has internal storage too which is large enough to store multiple minutes of footage and send it later when the signal is restored you might miss the footage you want...

Its more to keep an eye on it. And yes i will be using an SD card, since its setup for motion it rarely fills up before i view it.

Besides the camera software already warns me if it is missing a camera.

Wired will always be better but in this case it just isnt an option.

Gonna try the Ubiquiti NSM5 Point to Point set and see how that fares.