Best place to learn photoshop skills

I’m looking for more of a online guide like a text based one rather then vidoes,

when I was I high school my senior year I took a class on it and all his hand outs where on paper and they where 800 times easier to understand.

can anyone point me to a good online text source for photoshop skills, I’d like to start over with bigger stuff as it’s been a few years. 

Im using CS6 btw

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

11 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

I’m looking for more of a online guide like a text based one rather then vidoes,

when I was I high school my senior year I took a class on it and all his hand outs where on paper and they where 800 times easier to understand.

can anyone point me to a good online text source for photoshop skills, I’d like to start over with bigger stuff as it’s been a few years. 

Im using CS6 btw

The best way to learn/get back into it is just to find a picture and then start tooling around in the different options, thats how I learnt anyway. The photoshop for dummies may be a good place to start, as there guides are in depth, but if you want something free then this looks ok: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/how-to-use-photoshop 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

1 hour ago, fixitnow said:

The best way to learn/get back into it is just to find a picture and then start tooling around in the different options, thats how I learnt anyway. The photoshop for dummies may be a good place to start, as there guides are in depth, but if you want something free then this looks ok: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/how-to-use-photoshop 

yeah more so the tips and tricks, like I didnt know about the auto fill background thing for awhile and it saved me hours of trying to re create the background when i had to chop stuff out, when all i had to do was click that and it scanned the image and auto placed what it thought the patent or design should be 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Clockwork_princess said:

yeah more so the tips and tricks, like I didnt know about the auto fill background thing for awhile and it saved me hours of trying to re create the background when i had to chop stuff out, when all i had to do was click that and it scanned the image and auto placed what it thought the patent or design should be 

The worst feature in photoshop has to be the magic eraser tool.....I have never got it to work properly. One of the things i did was get a picture of a mustang and somewhere in death vally and photoshop the two....then it came back to me. 

The worst feature in photoshop has to be the magic eraser tool.....I have never got it to work properly. One of the things i did was get a picture of a mustang and somewhere in death vally and photoshop the two....then it came back to me. 

hmm, i was using the line tool and insted of it working on the layer i was on evey line was its own layer, do you know why that could happen?

Spoiler

Just now, Clockwork_princess said:

hmm, i was using the line tool and insted of it working on the layer i was on evey line was its own layer, do you know why that could happen?

No, I haven't really used the line tool, but it can be super useful, the text tool does the same thing.

No, I haven't really used the line tool, but it can be super useful, the text tool does the same thing.

i was just wanting to create an outline around an object so it has a defined border then color it in with white, but so the border can be seen still

Spoiler

Finding an online text-based class might be a trick. You want text, go to a used bookstore, a college one especially, they will have a wealth of books to choose from.

Learning by playing around teaches bad habits and only gets you so far. Structured learning, with a program as complex and powerful as PS, is the right way to go.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.