choosing replacement AIO cooler..

I have a microcenter powerspec system with an H100i V1, almost 3 years later, the little rubber rings around the cut ends of the pipes leading to radiator are showing little cracks so rather than wait until something bad happens one day, im taking it in to get replaced today.

what microcenter sometimes does instead of straight up replacing a part they issue a gift card for the original value of the part if they dont make the same part anymore.

so if that happens, i could get the H100i V2 which is $100 at microcenter so the gift card (if they go that route) would cover that and its the same one as i have now just new version.... OR i could add money and get something better? i dont know if i need better though.

Nzxt kraken x52 looks really cool, and also I already use NZXT CAM software to control my GRID V2 fan controller, so having an x52 would consolidate control into one app instead of opening corsair link to change something with a H100i V2, also the infinity mirror and rgb lights on the block are cool. but at $149 id have to add $50 to the gift card.... what about the x42? i really like having the 2x fan radiator found in the bigger coolers though...

i started googling x52 vs h100iv2 and saw a lot of comments saying that x52 has pump problems? but then over on PCMR reddit and another forum, people are telling me to go with x52 and"nzxt makes the best AIO coolers out there"

thoughts?

CPU: Intel 5820K OC 4GHZ | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: ASUS STRIX 1070 8GB OC | Samsung EVO 980 500GB

You could switch to a nice air cooler and have no problems with water cooling anymore.

1 minute ago, heimdali said:

You could switch to a nice air cooler and have no problems with water cooling anymore.

i really really like the aesthetic of AIO coolers and how they don't take up space in the middle of the motherboard and are quiet, so for now im gonna stick to AIO just trying to see which one

CPU: Intel 5820K OC 4GHZ | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: ASUS STRIX 1070 8GB OC | Samsung EVO 980 500GB

1 minute ago, Alexsolo said:

Get an air cooler, like Noctua DH15, decent and the only thing to worry about are the fans, other than that it can't degrade.

ugh, i really like my temp with overclock with my 5820K and liquid cooler now though, and aesthetically AIO coolers look better imo and are quieter, if i stick with AIO, which one would you get?

Just now, Alexsolo said:

Then go with your gut and get the Kraken... though the H100i has a 5 year warranty with Corsair, you may want to check that out before you buy a brand new one needlessly.

https://sso.corsair.com/idp/AuthnEngine#/authn

i mentioned in the OP but ill  summarize. long story short, the h100iv2 would be FREE because it would be a repair plan replacement for my h100i V1 that i want replaced due to cracks. the x52 would be $50 out of pocket because it is $50 more than the value of the h100iv2.  They are going to replace my h100iv1 with a V2, OR give me a $109 gift card and let me add money for a more expensive cooller

Hm, this is an interesting question then.  I´d try to find out which one comes with the largest radiator and is the most reliable one that has sufficient performance.

But which one is that?  Are there special hoses particularly made to withstand the conditions under which they need to work?  What about reliable pumps?

As to hoses, if I was to make a water cooling, I´d probably get fuel lines because those are rather sturdy.

Kraken with the infinity mirror block.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

Kraken with the infinity mirror block.

why do you prefer the nzxt over others? have you use corsair coolers before?

6 minutes ago, kofman13 said:

why do you prefer the nzxt over others? have you use corsair coolers before?

It looks better. Yes and I've never had an issue with any AIO's or custom loops.

Performance difference between the corsair and NZXT models (or most big name AIOs) is minuscule, might as well get the better looking one.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

It looks better. Yes and I've never had an issue with any AIO's or custom loops.

Performance difference between the corsair and NZXT models (or most big name AIOs) is minuscule, might as well get the better looking one.

honestly, if looks were the deciding factor, the NZXT would get my vote for baller status more than the Corsair units, but corsair does make REALLY professional looking non-flashy products.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

20 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

honestly, if looks were the deciding factor, the NZXT would get my vote for baller status more than the Corsair units, but corsair does make REALLY professional looking non-flashy products.

I agree for the most part.

That's why I like EVGA, but even they're gravitating away from the sleek look they've become known for.