Good Cheap 4k/HDR Player

Hey, so I'm interested in getting a new blu ray player for 4K that also had HDR, but I don't need any extra features, just the ability to play back 4K HDR disks in whatever native they are supposed to be at, while also supporting the new sound standards (Dolby Atmos, etc). What good options are there?

Yeah, but as a disk player the 1s is still expensive. All I need is a player that will play native 4K HDR w/ the new sound standards. Nothing more

26 minutes ago, Mathematech said:

Yeah, but as a disk player the 1s is still expensive. All I need is a player that will play native 4K HDR w/ the new sound standards. Nothing more

Cheapest model sells for $200. Sometimes you can find it on sale between $140 and $180. It's by Samsung.

There are only four on the market anyway (besides the Xbox One S). Samsung makes two models, and the Sony and Panasonic models are way more than your budget.

Buyer beware. The Samsung models will support HDR10 (and possibly HDR10+), but they are unlikely to support Dolby Vision HDR.

• 5 weeks later...

I know it's been a while, but the LG UHD Bluray Player is now down to $99 at Walmart (part of the Black Friday sale).

On 10/23/2017 at 10:49 PM, Mathematech said:

You can find the cheapest players for around $100 USD:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/magnavox-mbp6700p-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-black/5901505.p?skuId=5901505

But that's not a particularly good brand. For the $150-$200 range you can get a name brand 4K Blu-Ray player.

However - those are going to lack Dolby Atmos, and some other high end features.

You can get Dolby Atmos for around $250-$300 USD for something like a Samsung UBD-M8500 player. But at that point, you're at or over the cost of an XBOX One S.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)