Essential Phone slashed $200 USD

2 hours ago, Swatson said:

no you dont seem to understand that the word margin has many uses in many contexts and you're trying to win an internet argument, the way I've used it in this context is correct. I wont be responding again.

Edit: By the way, I've worked for T-mobile and Bell Mobility, you dont seem to understand the cellphone industry. The carriers dont sell phones outright very often compared to contracts and they are not making money on the device subsidy, lmfao. Even outright, they dont make money on the flagships.

Pretty sure Device Subsidy is not the typical way to buy a phone anymore. & When it was you just didn't know the true costs due to it being figured into the plans. Tmobile sells phones at there Full price and then Gives you a 0% interest loan basically. and pretty much every carrier does it this way now at least US Stateside. 

Could someone fill me in as to why this phone is awful or good? I hadn't had time to really look into anything for the past few week so I had no idea this was even a thing until 5 mins ago.

15 minutes ago, ElfFriend said:

Could someone fill me in as to why this phone is awful or good? I hadn't had time to really look into anything for the past few week so I had no idea this was even a thing until 5 mins ago.

It has the price of premium flagship phones but misses too many marks to justify the price. No rated water resistance, LCD instead of OLED, display doesn’t have a very good peak brightness, average, but not flagship worthy camera, no wireless charging, extremely vanilla software (con to some, not all), etc.

Thrown into the $400-500 range, it becomes a much better buy since it’s still a great device, it just had too many compromises if compared directly to other premium flagship devices.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.