Thief Steals Part of Paul Walker's C-GT, Gets busted

original.jpg

I'm sure many of us are still mourning over the loss of one of our favourite all-time movie stars (and in my eyes, a mega gearhead) so I apologize in advance.

An 18 year old by the name of Jameson Witty (not so witty at all, ba-dum-tss) was caught stealing a portion of the Porsche Carrera GT's hard top. For those who don't know, this specific C-GT was the one that claimed the lives of two high-profile occupants and was on the back of a tow truck travelling to some undisclosed location. Witty, thinking it would be a good idea, grabbed this piece of memorabilia on the grounds of 

"I got it for my buddy who was driving the car we were in, so that he could always pay respect to the guy that got him into cars." 

It wasn't hard for authorities to find the accused, having posted the above picture to his social media pages. Aside from being highly disrespectful, this is just a plain stupid act, simple as that. This is also a huge liability / bailment issue since technically the car would still belong to the prior owner as the title had not yet been changed to a new party, despite being written off and on the back of a rescue vehicle. If you're going to take something from a scene of significant importance, it should always be something small. Paying tribute is one thing, but stealing evidence from a crime scene (there is no official statement regarding a closed case at the time of posting) is a completely different animal.

The accused is an 18 year old, so it'd be hard to justify what was running through his mind at the time of the act. However you take it, the possibility of personal gain from a monetary standpoint is very much present (this specific portion of a Carrera GT can be found on Ebay for some significant money) and he will most likely be found guilty in court. RIP Paul Walker and Roger Rodas.

Discuss.

Source: http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/man-posts-stolen-piece-of-paul-walkers-car-online-get-1477892872/@matthardigree

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

That's a pretty big piece to steal O.o I probably would have tried to get a piece myself but something small.

I never knew who Paul Walker was until he died

What?????

I never knew who Paul Walker was until he died

Same here. I've never seen 2 Fast 2 Furious

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Why red? I thought the car was grey?

RIP Paul Walker.

Why red? I thought the car was grey?

RIP Paul Walker.

its was only grey because it was burned. it was red when it set off.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016