Waterblock for 7980XE

Hey guys!  This is my first post on the forum, and while I am new to this site, I am a long time user having spent most of my time on Xtremesystems, which is now basically a ghost town.  My old Username was Nanometer.

-

Anyways, now. I am in process of getting a 7980XE shipped to me as part of an all new system, and I already have the rest of my components on the way.  Such as the Asus 2066 Rampage VI APEX.  This motherboard has a monoblock offering from EK, and I am wondering what at people's opinions are in terms of performance.  I can either take my Heatkiller IV, which is currently cooling my 5960X and doing a wonderful job... or see if the EK monoblock might get me that extra performance.  Any opinions on what might be better?  Obviously this is intended as a overclocked setup, looking to get 4.8 Ghz + using a Mo-Ra 3 pro radiator (9 x 140mm for those who don't know).

20 minutes ago, - = H3AD HUNT3R = - said:

Hey guys!  This is my first post on the forum, and while I am new to this site, I am a long time user having spent most of my time on Xtremesystems, which is now basically a ghost town.  My old Username was Nanometer.

-

Anyways, now. I am in process of getting a 7980XE shipped to me as part of an all new system, and I already have the rest of my components on the way.  Such as the Asus 2066 Rampage VI APEX.  This motherboard has a monoblock offering from EK, and I am wondering what at people's opinions are in terms of performance. 

I think the monoblock could be a few degrees worse. Not much worse compared to a CPU only block maybe only 1C - 2C since the monoblock also does VRM. 

Just assuming here btw. Might have no effect on temps due to the coolant path. 

20 minutes ago, - = H3AD HUNT3R = - said:

I can either take my Heatkiller IV, which is currently cooling my 5960X and doing a wonderful job... or see if the EK monoblock might get me that extra performance.  Any opinions on what might be better?  Obviously this is intended as a overclocked setup, looking to get 4.8 Ghz + using a Mo-Ra 3 pro radiator (9 x 140mm for those who don't know).

Monoblock would do good for the VRM for sure. Which would aid overclocking for that chip. Or really any chip. 

Love that radiator choice. An absolute beast. Get a delid on that 7980XE as well. All the temp drop. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III