FCU Clean Install - Slow Link Activation Default Browser Behavior

jakinov
Go to solution Solved by jakinov,
8 hours ago, m0nss7erKill said:

I had this problem with Vivaldi. The browser opens after like 1 minute. And on slower computer opens instantly. Don't know if it was problem with my PC or with the browser. 

So since using Edge was super buggy and unresponsive. I had a suspicion that when applications on Windows want to open a webpage, the Windows API they use could be somehow connected to Edge. Edge is a replacement for Internet Explorer which used to be heavily baked into Windows and a lot of things relied on IE. I read somewhere last night where a Microsoft developer mentions that most programs nowadays still use old APIs for opening web pages trying to explain to a user why they Outlook takes forever to open links in their browser.

So, I googled how to reinstall Edge. I followed this link:

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-reinstall-microsoft-edge-in-windows-10/

And voila! Everything works properly now.

So I just installed Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool on a USB. From what I understand the version of WIndows is the latest with FCU included. So I installed it, everything seems fine; however, if I click a link in some program like Skype, it should open up in my default browser right away. It opens but it takes like 5 minutes, and depending on the program opening the link it will make the program hang and the browser (Edge or Chrome) will work fine but eventually a tab is created and page is open 5 minutes later.

This is also installed on a brand new computer. I tried reinstalling Windows but that didn't fix the problem. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing the problem or any tips on troubleshooting? 

I had this problem with Vivaldi. The browser opens after like 1 minute. And on slower computer opens instantly. Don't know if it was problem with my PC or with the browser. 

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 631 3.3GHz OC 1,450V core, stock cooler
GPU: Palit GTS 450 Core Voltage: 1037mV, Core Clock 860MHz, Memory Clock 1870MHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 4GB x1 
Motherboard: AsRock a75m-hvs 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1070
RAM: G SKill Trident Z RGB 3200 CL14
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x370-F Gaming
Monitor: Aorus AD27QD

8 hours ago, m0nss7erKill said:

So since using Edge was super buggy and unresponsive. I had a suspicion that when applications on Windows want to open a webpage, the Windows API they use could be somehow connected to Edge. Edge is a replacement for Internet Explorer which used to be heavily baked into Windows and a lot of things relied on IE. I read somewhere last night where a Microsoft developer mentions that most programs nowadays still use old APIs for opening web pages trying to explain to a user why they Outlook takes forever to open links in their browser.

On 10/22/2017 at 8:39 PM, jakinov said:

So the whole problem with the slow loading is from IE ? Even when you just open the browser ? Will see when I assemble my new system

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 631 3.3GHz OC 1,450V core, stock cooler
GPU: Palit GTS 450 Core Voltage: 1037mV, Core Clock 860MHz, Memory Clock 1870MHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 4GB x1 
Motherboard: AsRock a75m-hvs 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1070
RAM: G SKill Trident Z RGB 3200 CL14
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x370-F Gaming
Monitor: Aorus AD27QD

26 minutes ago, m0nss7erKill said:

So the whole problem with the slow loading is from IE ? Even when you just open the browser ? Will see when I assemble my new system

Edge not IE. But maybe. I might have somehow received a bad build because nobody else had the problem from clean install. Another possibility is that maybe it has something to do with me being an insider and a bug gave me an unstable version of Edge on my regular computer?