Bubbles in cooler?

Just a bought a 980ti hybrid and whenever I go in a game it has a fairly audible buzzing sound, like a light bulb sorta. I think it might be air but not sure. (I am fairly certain its not coil wine) Help pls?

Try changing the position of the radiator and leaving it for a few days to see if the bubbles stop.

You can also try tilting your case using books or something for a while until the noise stops.

You just need to try to trap the bubbles at the highest point of the loop.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Try changing the position of the radiator and leaving it for a few days to see if the bubbles stop.

You can also try tilting your case using books or something for a while until the noise stops.

You just need to try to trap the bubbles at the highest point of the loop.

Do you think its bubbles? Its like a buzzing sound like from a light bulb.

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

Yeah, probably microbubbles going through your pump.

Or it could just be the pump itself, sometimes the impeller isn't perfectly balanced and it causes vibration.

The bubble one is fixable, but the vibrating pump isn't.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

SHAKE ITTT WHAMWHAMWHAM ( whole case ) :D

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

SHAKE ITTT WHAMWHAMWHAM ( whole case ) :D

I tried that lol. Might need to a bit more

3 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

I tried that lol. Might need to a bit more

i would just screw loose the gpu and shake that thing to bollocks :D haha probably easier way   ( with the pump running ofc xD )

(◑‿◐)

4 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

A buzzing sound from a pump may mean that there's a bubble in the pump. If you're able to get the bubble to the rad, you should be good to go.

And please, just please tell me you're PC is off when you're shaking it.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

1 minute ago, Imbellis said:

A buzzing sound from a pump may mean that there's a bubble in the pump. If you're able to get the bubble to the rad, you should be good to go.

And please, just please tell me you're PC is off when you're shaking it.

Lol Ive seen people say both so I did it a little with it on but will do it the most with it off. Yea Its fine when theres no stress on the GPU

It's probably bubbles. If so, it should clear up after a few days once the bubbles make their way out/to the top of the system.

Less likely, but possible is the pump is running at max speed, might want to check your settings and see if you can drop the speed a bit see if it improves. 

7 minutes ago, Zxero said:

It's probably bubbles. If so, it should clear up after a few days once the bubbles make their way out/to the top of the system.

Less likely, but possible is the pump is running at max speed, might want to check your settings and see if you can drop the speed a bit see if it improves. 

I think it might be a combo since it only happens when gpu is under some stress. Setting where?

3 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

I think it might be a combo since it only happens when gpu is under some stress. Setting where?

The pump probably doesn't run or barely runs until its gaming which would be normal on GTX 980 and 1080 cards with good cooling. 

Some manufacturers include software for overclocking and controlling fan/pump speeds. (Asus usually supply AI Suite/Fan Xpert, etc). If you're using an EVGA Hybrid though I don't think they include any controls so you might need to flash a ROM with the pump speed settings/voltages, but that's a bit complicated at this stage. 

Assuming you have an EVGA 980ti Hybrid, I did some looking and a few people reported the sound but it went away after a few days. Others reported no change and RMA'd the card. http://forums.evga.com/980-Ti-Hybrid-Pump-Constant-Buzzing-Noise-RMA-m2361427.aspx

I'd give it a few days and see what happens first. 

12 minutes ago, Zxero said:

The pump probably doesn't run or barely runs until its gaming which would be normal on GTX 980 and 1080 cards with good cooling. 

Some manufacturers include software for overclocking and controlling fan/pump speeds. (Asus usually supply AI Suite/Fan Xpert, etc). If you're using an EVGA Hybrid though I don't think they include any controls so you might need to flash a ROM with the pump speed settings/voltages, but that's a bit complicated at this stage. 

Assuming you have an EVGA 980ti Hybrid, I did some looking and a few people reported the sound but it went away after a few days. Others reported no change and RMA'd the card. http://forums.evga.com/980-Ti-Hybrid-Pump-Constant-Buzzing-Noise-RMA-m2361427.aspx

I'd give it a few days and see what happens first. 

I bought it used and am assuming it didn't used to happen, so it should go away