USB Lock Read only Software.

Hi,

I have been scouting the internet for sometime now looking for a software that can actually lock the USB drive and make it as read only not just for one PC but for any PC where it is plugged in...

No just Windows but also MAC, Linux, Ubuntu.

With a lot of failure i eventually had to post here since i have received a lot answers and this forum has helped me a lot. 

With only access to rewrite by the one person.

Please advise.

Windows 10 pro Shows all old folders as readonly is there any way to remove it, tried command line but nothing happens still readonly any software that can remove readonly.

There are lots of drive out there that can be setup to require a password to decrypt. Would something like that work?

3 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

There are lots of drive out there that can be setup to require a password to decrypt. Would something like that work?

No, its just needs to be readonly no encrypt. its should be readable by all but no edit.

3 minutes ago, Zayir said:

No, its just needs to be readonly no encrypt. its should be readable by all but no edit.

Oh! Gotcha, I misunderstood. I think I found something. Just reading up some more about it. I'll be back shortly.

3 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

Oh! Gotcha, I misunderstood. I think I found something. Just reading up some more about it. I'll be back shortly.

Thanks for your help.

36 minutes ago, Zayir said:

any updates please assist

None of the software out there does a decent job. They are either per computer or expensive. NexCopy makes drives that can be locked and unlocked but you have to email them for a quote and I'm sure there's a quantity limit. Have you considered maybe a microSD card enclosure shaped like a flashdrive. Remove the read only toggle switch when someone else had to handle it? A bit crude, but I've exhausted all my efforts.

On 10/21/2017 at 10:06 PM, Legendarypoet said:

None of the software out there does a decent job. They are either per computer or expensive. NexCopy makes drives that can be locked and unlocked but you have to email them for a quote and I'm sure there's a quantity limit. Have you considered maybe a microSD card enclosure shaped like a flashdrive. Remove the read only toggle switch when someone else had to handle it? A bit crude, but I've exhausted all my efforts.

Thanks for looking up friend. Since even i could not do the same. I eventually ended up writing the Double layer DVD for this purpose.