Hey all,

I have a ryzen 5 1600. And from what I know - on some forum posts and videos e.g. from 3kilksphillip turning off hyper threading on skylake intel chips increased performance in a small value for CS:GO (5%)

Does anyone have data to show the differences in gaming with simultaneous multithreading turned off. As SMT is the processor splitting the core to utilize the resources but gaming data is large?

If somebody does not have data I am willing to make an excel spreadsheet and do benchmarks.

I, am a person who doesn't want to overclock as I know it reduces the lifespan of the chip - I am willing to buy myself a new processor in the last/2nd to last year of AM4 socket chips - but there is no harm in giving the chip to a household pc to my family.. So I thought i could do something less harmful/not harmful to the processor. 

source - 

subscribe to pewdiepie

Why would you disable extra cores...

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Why would you disable extra cores...

Disabling threads - not cores - watch the video :)

subscribe to pewdiepie

Just now, Merp83 said:

Well, you know what I mean. By disabling threads you're effectively disabling virtual cores.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Try it

1 minute ago, Merp83 said:

It won't decrease performance and it'll only increase performance by 3 percent in the shittiest of engines so.

Source also got a update so CS:GO uses threads much better now

My life

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Well, you know what I mean. By disabling threads you're effectively disabling virtual cores.

No, you are effectively make the core run as one and not two parchments (if thats the word Im looking for)

subscribe to pewdiepie

Just now, Merp83 said:

No, you are effectively make the core run as one and not two parchments (if thats the word Im looking for)

Well, whatever. I suck at explaining. I always have ;)

Anyways, I wouldn't personally, but go ahead and try. You can always renable it.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, Himommies said:

It won't decrease performance and it'll only increase performance by 3 percent in the shittiest of engines so.

Source also got a update so CS:GO uses threads much better now

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

Try it

I will try it - CS:GO, GTA V, Overwatch and PUBG ok games to test on

subscribe to pewdiepie

I would have anything enabled rather than some things disabled

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol