LG G6 finger print scanner

Beef Boss
Go to solution Solved by Light-Yagami,
Just now, BadluckBrian said:

This is a new problem

Well, yeah that could work but the thing is... It worked in any position before. It could be upside down vertical horizontal and it would work. And I had my left pointer and middle finger scanned along with my right pointer and middle finger. 

If hard resetting the phone doesn't work, try factory reset (I know it sucks, but it usually helps -.-).. If that doesn't do it, replace it. Warranty covers this kind of sh*t..

As in the title, I have an LG G6 Mobile Smartphone but this Electronic Communication device is giving me issues. The scanner keeps giving me a message like "incorrect finger print" of course I don't know the actual message because I have a 4 second memory. I've reset the finger prints numerous times and it still doesn't work. Any help? 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Mine seems to work just perfect. Do you have the problem since you got the phone or is it a new problem?

You can have multiple fingers scanned at the same time. 

Just scan your finger multiple times.. Create 3 profiles of the same finger. 

That way, you have more data on your fingerprint.. So if profile doesn't grab it, maybe 2 and 3 will. 

Do one pass oriented horizontaly and one vertically and so on... I hope that makes any sense. I did it on my galaxy s6 and now on s8. I hardly ever fail to unlock it.

10 minutes ago, Weaster007 said:

Mine seems to work just perfect. Do you have the problem since you got the phone or is it a new problem?

This is a new problem

4 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

You can have multiple fingers scanned at the same time. 

Just scan your finger multiple times.. Create 3 profiles of the same finger. 

That way, you have more data on your fingerprint.. So if profile doesn't grab it, maybe 2 and 3 will. 

Do one pass oriented horizontaly and one vertically and so on... I hope that makes any sense. I did it on my galaxy s6 and now on s8. I hardly ever fail to unlock it.

Well, yeah that could work but the thing is... It worked in any position before. It could be upside down vertical horizontal and it would work. And I had my left pointer and middle finger scanned along with my right pointer and middle finger. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

25 minutes ago, BadluckBrian said:

As in the title, I have an LG G6 Mobile Smartphone but this Electronic Communication device is giving me issues. The scanner keeps giving me a message like "incorrect finger print" of course I don't know the actual message because I have a 4 second memory. I've reset the finger prints numerous times and it still doesn't work. Any help? 

Name still fits.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Just now, Ashiella said:

Name still fits.

It's a reoccurring problem. I just now was also about to ask if anyone has problems with their G6 having ghost touches. Like when songs restart on you, apps exit... 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Just now, BadluckBrian said:

This is a new problem

If hard resetting the phone doesn't work, try factory reset (I know it sucks, but it usually helps -.-).. If that doesn't do it, replace it. Warranty covers this kind of sh*t..

Well, it does not seem to be Software sided.. Doesn't it work at all anymore, or just sometimes?

6 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

Yeah... I'll do that now I guess. I have an extended two year warranty on this phone. 

6 minutes ago, Weaster007 said:

Well, it does not seem to be Software sided.. Doesn't it work at all anymore, or just sometimes?

No I can try all angles and it doesn't work... 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

28 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

Works now! Thank you. Now I just have to re download all of my system stuff, thank you!

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

1 minute ago, BadluckBrian said:

Works now! Thank you. Now I just have to re download all of my system stuff, thank you!

No problem :D

Glad I could help. Cheers