Help with First build

So ive been doing all my research and using pcpartspicker.com to build various different options but i always end up going over budget. My budget is $1500 and I am in the US. I would like to get the i5 8600k and plan to do no to minor over-clocking. Also RGB Trident Ram in the build would be cool. I cant decide on what graphics card to get so i usually pick a gtx 1060. If anyone can help me do a build with peripherals in this budget, i would greatly appreciate it. 

*a mechanical keyboard if possible

But what are you going to use the machine for?  Do you want to build one, or would you consider buying used?

4 minutes ago, heimdali said:

But what are you going to use the machine for?  Do you want to build one, or would you consider buying used?

Gaming, watching videos and possible stream

What peripherals do you need exactly? Keyboard and what else?

What games will you be playing and what kind of streaming will you be doing?

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

which peripherals do you need?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

33 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

which peripherals do you need?

mouse, keyboard, and monitor. I cant really seem to get everything under budget. Just trying to game and have a good experience.

I´d buy used ... You´d be 500 under budget for an awesome system which is even water cooled, or even more if you can find a better offer, which leaves you money to buy a monitor.  It already comes with an SSD, and you can always sell the Quadro.  You could play games while watching videos and streaming.

You can also get a cheap keyboard for $10 or so and get a better one later, that saves another 70 --- or ask the seller as they might throw one in for free, and you can ask a price without the graphics card.

What speaks against it?

22 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

I would sacrifice the K and get the I5-8400

Already you're able to drop the cooler and the higher price of the OC CPU

If you're not going to play with overclock much it isn't worth the extra money, better you spend that budget on good peripherals.

does the i5-8400 offer a good experience with gaming and streaming? I Kinda want to go with something from intel that has 6 cores that'll last me 3-5 years

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  ($279.89 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool - GAMMAXX 400 74.3 CFM CPU Cooler  ($13.89 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($111.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Toshiba - 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($42.39 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Video Card  ($509.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Deepcool - D-Shield ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($187.49 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master - Lite L Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($57.30 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1496.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-19 22:23 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

22 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

It's comparable to an I7-7700K and boasts more cores, very capable based on benchmarks.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3080-intel-i5-8400-vs-amd-r5-1500x-game-streaming-benchmarks?showall=1

Im not to knowledgeable on CPU's and such, but the i5 8400 has 2.8ghz speed. Is that slow for gaming and streaming? or does it not matter at all 

6 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Check the video I linked for real world applications.

Also 2.8 is single core base speed, when CPU is stressed Intel Turbo Boost kicks in a drives the single core speed up to 4.00 GHz

watching it and re watching it to make sure i understand it lol. So would a 1080 bottleneck the 8400? and is 144hz achievable?  sorry for all the questions. Im a noob

33 minutes ago, skeeler88 said:

does the i5-8400 offer a good experience with gaming and streaming? I Kinda want to go with something from intel that has 6 cores that'll last me 3-5 years

Yes and no,and someone (Paul?) made a video about this, and he said you can game well, you can stream well, but not both at once. The 8600k won’t be much better. Try this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tDCwxY

the 8700 does beat the 8600k at streaming 

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

Why are people recommending cheap crap $20/30 cases in a $1500 system? Lmfao. Thats horrendous.

Just now, Sanctorum said:

Why are people recommending cheap crap $20/30 cases in a $1500 system? Lmfao. Thats horrendous.

I mean if you use another cooler, then the only real purpose of the case is to keep dust out and air in/out. Cheap cases can do that. Expensive cases just look nice and have lights. Cheap cases have bad PSUs or Coolers but if you use your own then why not use a cheap case.

-Amy Miyake

im just really confused tbh. I have no idea how to overclock but im sure overtime i can use the forums and videos to learn how to do it. I probably wont stream right out of the gate, but eventually once im all situated with a gaming setup i would like to try it. I dont want to be a CPU and 2 years later have to upgrade, would seem like a waste. 

With that said, I appreciate everyone who has posted on my post and given me new info, but with my budget, what processor fits nicely and can game and stream at the same time decently?

3 minutes ago, KawaiiRaven said:

I mean if you use another cooler, then the only real purpose of the case is to keep dust out and air in/out. Cheap cases can do that. Expensive cases just look nice and have lights. Cheap cases have bad PSUs or Coolers but if you use your own then why not use a cheap case.

Uwot? Since when do cases come with a PSU and CPU cooler? $20/30 cases are horrendously low quality, especially when you consider the $1500 budget. 

So, why not use a cheap shit case? Because theyre cheap shit. Significantly worse to build in as well.

9 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

do you think the 8400 could hold its own while streaming and gaming at the same time ?

1 minute ago, Sanctorum said:

Uwot? Since when do cases come with a PSU and CPU cooler? $20/30 cases are horrendously low quality, especially when you consider the $1500 budget. 

So, why not use a cheap shit case? Because theyre cheap shit. Significantly worse to build in as well.

I mean some do...

A case is a case. Hell you can have it in a box as long as there's ventilation. Not everyone needs to have it look nice. 

-Amy Miyake

2 hours ago, Sanctorum said:

What peripherals do you need exactly? Keyboard and what else?

What games will you be playing and what kind of streaming will you be doing?

sorry just now saw that i didnt respond to this. All peripherals though i think i have an old astro gaming headset that might work for the time being. Games would include PUBG, fortnite, H1Z1, Rocket League, Overwatch, Star wars, BF1. and streaming possible from twitch

2 minutes ago, skeeler88 said:

do you think the 8400 could hold its own while streaming and gaming at the same time ?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, KawaiiRaven said:

I mean some do...

so? Whats your point? Its completely irrelevant. 

3 minutes ago, KawaiiRaven said:

A case is a case. 

A CPU is a CPU. A GPU is a GPU. RAM is RAM. So, he might as well just spend $50 on each right? 

4 minutes ago, KawaiiRaven said:

Not everyone needs to have it look nice. 

mmhm, and where did I say that looking nice was the only benefit to a slightly more expensive case?