New pair of headsets/headphones?

Xatabsco

First let me introduce myself, I am Xatabsco and I am a PC gamer.

Now the problem is, I need a new gaming headset. 
At the moment, I currently am using the Razer Kraken 7.1 which is absolute garbage in my opinion because I HATE Razer Synapse and it ruins the sound on the headset and even without it, the sound is mediocre at best. I used to have the Razer Orcas before they broke down, now I do not like Razer or think they're a good company, the only reason I own Razer peripherals are because they look somewhat nice and at the time I didn't NEED a high end pair of headsets/headphones. 

But recently I moved from my crappy membrane Saitek Cyborg V7 gaming keyboard onto my mechanical Coolermaster CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate Cherry MX Blue switches keyboard and I really see how much a difference getting something which is a lot more high end can be compared to something crappy.
I also have a Steelseries Sensei, Razer Deathadder 2013 and Razer Naga Molten BUT THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT.

The point is, I need some new headphones and i'm thinking about either the Steelseries Siberia Elite or the 2013 Astro A40s or the Astro A50s NOW BEFORE I GET BASHED SHHHHHH SHHHH SHHH, the thing is I need to get this from a store that's nearby to me.... I can't order anything online this time, so i'd need to get it from somewhere like Future Shop, Canada Computers, Best Buy or maybe possibly an NCIX store nearby, and the stores mentioned have a very limited variety of headphones from Sennheiser and not to mention, i'm using an onboard soundcard...... That is why I sort of want the MixAmp from Astro but also, I cannot get the MixAmp seperately. 
Now I have until February 5th to think about this but microphone also is not an issue as I already have a Blue Yeti USB condenser microphone.
All help would be seriously appreciated. :)
I AM ALSO NOT AN AUDIOPHILE, and I am willing to spend about $300 at most. 

No headsets. Those stores should have some decent headphones. Anything from sennheiser or beyer close by?

Budget?

No headsets. Those stores should have some decent headphones. Anything from sennheiser or beyer close by?

You changed your avatar :o

I've never really listened to a pair of Sennheiser headphones but they look sort of ugly, but i'll tell you what Future Shop has since it's the closest to where I live.

HD 360, HD 449, Momentum (On-Ear and Over-Ear), Wireless On-Ear, HD 219, HDR 180, HD 558, HD 201, HDR 170, HD380 PRO, HD 439, HD 518. 

Nothing from Berydynamic. :P

REMEMBER, I DON'T HAVE A GOOD SOUNDCARD SINCE IT'S ONBOARD ON MY MOTHERBOARD.

Budget?

$300 at max. 

I've never really listened to a pair of Sennheiser headphones but they look sort of ugly, but i'll tell you what Future Shop has since it's the closest to where I live.

HD 360, HD 449, Momentum (On-Ear and Over-Ear), Wireless On-Ear, HD 219, HDR 180, HD 558, HD 201, HDR 170, HD380 PRO, HD 439, HD 518.

$300 at max.

You don't need a sound card, go buy the HD 558's.

Budget?

Heh, I got bored.

$300 at max. 

HD380's are boss and don't bother with a soundcard. 

HD380's are boss and don't bother with a soundcard. 

Both look terrible.... one of the main things i'm focusing on is for it to look great with my setup, i'm a person that cares A LOT about aesthetics. Is there maybe a more stylish pair of headphones? Like the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO's  which look amazing but I can't find anywhere where I can get a pair. 

Both look terrible.... one of the main things i'm focusing on is for it to look great with my setup, i'm a person that cares A LOT about aesthetics. Is there maybe a more stylish headphones? Like the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO's  which look amazing but I can't find anywhere where I can get a pair. 

They, um, look about the same....

They, um, look about the same....

I think the HD558's and HD380's both look terrible... the G4ME ZERO have a white/red look that I really like but I think the Astro's look the best especially with a MixAmp on my desk. 

How big is the difference between something like a Sennheiser HD558 and Astro A40s?

I think the HD558's and HD380's both look terrible... the G4ME ZERO have a white/red look that I really like but I think the Astro's look the best especially with a MixAmp on my desk. 

How big is the difference between something like a Sennheiser HD558 and Astro A40s?

Night and day, Astro hasn't produced anything quality since every.

How do the DT's look.

How about you define god looking do you want white or what. If they have audio technica m50 those are highly recommenced by a lot of people and come in a lot of different colors. Is it also possible for you to ask on of those store to order on for in store pick up.

Edit: Also if you are willing to spend a little extra get a headphone amp or a external dac like the stuff from Fii0

How about you define god looking do you want white or what. If they have audio technica m50 those are highly recommenced by a lot of people and come in a lot of different colors. Is it also possible for you to ask on of those store to order on for in store pick up.

By looks, I sort of mean colors, or some sort of pop. I'm a teenager, i'm about to turn 15 and I care a lot about what my friends think when they come over to my house. I want my setup to look as beautiful as it can be.

Here's two pictures of my desk; 

http://i.imgur.com/jrUzX8q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GLcjXu9.jpg

So I need something that will appeal to not only myself but the people that might come over, and I think something like a Sennheiser G4ME ZERO would suffice but I can't find any stores near me that sell them.

What does "DT" stand for?

I'd also like some sort of MixAmp for controlling volume and such, it'd just add a really nice touch to my desktop.

And I guess I could ask them to order a pair and then go to the store to pick it up, that's definitely a possibility. 

I'm done, buy the thing that does the stuff, its shiny and you like it buy it. 

I'm done, buy the thing that does the stuff, its shiny and you like it buy it. 

oh okay... I was just asking if there was maybe a higher end pair of headphones that might look a lot better but okay. 

oh okay... I was just asking if there was maybe a higher end pair of headphones that might look a lot better but okay. 

High end headphones are function over form, its why they're high end headphones, not Beats, or Sols, or anything of the sort. 

High end headphones are function over form, its why they're high end headphones, not Beats, or Sols, or anything of the sort. 

But don't you want to look nice too? I want something that sounds incredible & amazing but will also look amazing on my head.

So I was asking if there was any headsets that were sort of like the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO headsets. 

But don't you want to look nice too? I want something that sounds incredible & amazing but will also look amazing on my head.

So I was asking if there was any headsets that were sort of like the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO headsets. 

I could careless because no one I have ever known ever gives a shit either. I could wear $5000 headphones and no one would care....

I could careless because no one I have ever known ever gives a shit either. I could wear $5000 headphones and no one would care....

But i'm more in my teen years...... 

Alright, I guess i'll go with the HD558's.

Is there any other headphones that I can get for around $300? (Something I can order on Future Shop, Best Buy, Canada Computers or NCIX and pick up in store?)

By looks, I sort of mean colors, or some sort of pop. I'm a teenager, i'm about to turn 15 and I care a lot about what my friends think when they come over to my house. I want my setup to look as beautiful as it can be.

Here's two pictures of my desk; 

http://i.imgur.com/jrUzX8q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GLcjXu9.jpg

So I need something that will appeal to not only myself but the people that might come over, and I think something like a Sennheiser G4ME ZERO would suffice but I can't find any stores near me that sell them.

What does "DT" stand for?

I'd also like some sort of MixAmp for controlling volume and such, it'd just add a really nice touch to my desktop.

And I guess I could ask them to order a pair and then go to the store to pick it up, that's definitely a possibility. 

First off I totally get the teenager thing (14 almost 15). Everybody in my group of friends goes for razer because they look cool. DT is a line of beyerdynamic heaphones (dt 770 - 880 - 990) A mix amp is like a dac in which i personally believe that fii0 has the best. In terms of something that will pop check out the beyerdynamic custom one pro if you can have them ship it to the store. If the name doesn't suggest it enough you can customize them. They also have a mic accessory that you can buy (the mic is overpriced though). 

But i'm more in my teen years...... 

Alright, I guess i'll go with the HD558's.

Is there any other headphones that I can get for around $300? (Something I can order on Future Shop, Best Buy, Canada Computers or NCIX and pick up in store?)

SRH1440's, which I don't think you will find anywhere but amazon. 

First off I totally get the teenager thing (14 almost 15). Everybody in my group of friends goes for razer because they look cool. DT is a line of beyerdynamic heaphones (dt 770 - 880 - 990) A mix amp is like a dac in which i personally believe that fii0 has the best. In terms of something that will pop check out the beyerdynamic custom one pro if you can have them ship it to the store. If the name doesn't suggest it enough you can customize them. They also have a mic accessory that you can buy (the mic is overpriced though). 

There is a few pairs of Beyerdynamic headphones on NCIX and Canada Computers and both include the Custom One Pro but I can't seem to find the fii0 mix amp that you were talking about (I really like the design of the Custom One Pro by the way)

Is the Custom One Pro better than the Astro A40s?

Don't need an amp or soundcard for those headphones, the onboard solution on your motherboard is better. 

Is the Custom One Pro better than the Astro A40s?

Oh god yes. You wont need any kind of soundcard, dac, or amp for them.

Don't need an amp or soundcard for those headphones, the onboard solution on your motherboard is better. 

Even with a crappy motherboard such as a MSI Z77-G43?