Best Screen Size For 1440p

KyberKylo77

I've been thinking of getting the DELL P2418D monitor which has a resolution of 1440p despite being very cheap in my country, costing only 235 dollars but comes in only 24 inches which kinda imo defeats the purpose of a 1440p monitor since the ppi is so dense you don't really see the sharpness as much and windows scaling is needed which I've heard is pretty bad. So bottom line, should i just get it or wait for a model with a bigger screen size like 27"?

well i use a 40inch 1080p tv as monitor

it really depends on personal preference ,, there is no real best screen size for X amount of resolution :D

the higher the resolution and the smaller the screen the higher ppi

i would personally just go to a store and check if u like them or not :) rather then going by statistics or what ppl say

(◑‿◐)

I think 25-29" has a good pixel density, anything over is a bit to big concentration wise and even usability.

5 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Or maybe you can just not tell us your country so we can't suggest alternatives and decide to wait on the pretense that 27" 1440p displays don't already exist and if Dell makes one its gonna be really cheap as well.

I'm from malaysia. 

6 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Already looked at the pricelists of your local sellers (lowyat)? I'm sure they have 27" 1440p displays but costs a lot more the last time I checked.

I'm from Singapore we get price gouged here too. Never bought components in Malaysia before. Never worked in any position in the tech/electronics industry and have no idea if <insert brand name> will release a cheap 27" 1440p display soon.

Also I suppose you have a GPU that's good for gaming at 1440p? One good thing about the high PPI of 1440p crammed into 24" or 25" is that you will be excused from using AA in games. 

oh yea thanks for pointing the AA thing out, i didn't really pay attention in that department. Also nice were neighbours in terms of countries. But i have a strong feeling that DELL will release a monitor thats the same series but 27" (which is what i initially meant, just didnt phrase it right)

9 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Already looked at the pricelists of your local sellers (lowyat)? I'm sure they have 27" 1440p displays but costs a lot more the last time I checked.

I'm from Singapore we get price gouged here too. Never bought components in Malaysia before. Never worked in any position in the tech/electronics industry and have no idea if <insert brand name> will release a cheap 27" 1440p display soon.

Also I suppose you have a GPU that's good for gaming at 1440p? One good thing about the high PPI of 1440p crammed into 24" or 25" is that you will be excused from using AA in games. 

also, the first time i feel blessed to be a malayian since the monitor costs 369 dollars in us and a mere 235 usd here (dont ask me how that works) but the rest is inflated in price compared to the us like pc parts and such.

Just now, huilun02 said:

I'm just the deep dark thing in the back of people's heads called reality

in that case, continue what you do :)

I would trade my 27" 1440p for a 24" just for the higher PPI, you may need to change scaling though since my 27" is just about perfect at 100% scaling

That's an F in the profile pic

27" is perfect for 1440p. Use 100% scaling (no scaling) and everything is nice and sharp. I sit about 2.5-3 feet from the screen and its hard to make out single pixels. I feel that 27" 1440p is the monitor sweet spot.

I have a 24" 1440p and I use 100% Scalling. 125% scalling makes it look dog shit. Took the 24" because anything bigger would hinder my map awareness and 24" has more PPI (13.7%~ more than 27").  There's no "perfect size" for a monitor, only you can answer that. 

27 inch is great if you sit at 50-60 cm away from it. Big enough to be immersive but not as to have to move your head left and right. At that size 1440p is best, 4k nicer but a  it unnecessary. 

I use a 25" 1440p screen and you certainly do not need to use Windows scaling. These people that say 24" is too small will say that 27" is just the right size for 1440p. On a 24" screen elements will be 88.8% of the size they would be on a 27" monitor. That kind of difference is certainly not going to be enough to jump from "just the right size" to "super tiny and unreadable without scaling".

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

I use a 25" 1440p screen and you certainly do not need to use Windows scaling. On a 24" screen elements will be 88.8% of the size they would be on a 27" monitor. That is not a large difference at all. 

thanks, so i think ill go with the dell p2418d just because its too good of a deal to pass.