can i use a charger from another laptop with more watts?

Go to solution Solved by xc3ll,

Works fine.

The actual charger is inside the laptop and the external power-brick is just an AC-DC converter. So, if the voltage and plug match, the laptop pulls the amount of power it needs. Even a lower wattage power-brick often works, but charges slower or doesn't charge when the laptop is running.

okay, so i'm fixing up an old netbook, and was wondering something. 

that thing has a 19v 45 watt charger. but i lost that. i also have a charger from the same brand of laptop which is a 19v 60watt charger. will it work, or will it break my netbook?

She/Her

It should work without any issue.

This only means that the old charger can deliver 45 and the new charger 60 watt. What your computer is using is probably less than 45. 

Works fine.

The actual charger is inside the laptop and the external power-brick is just an AC-DC converter. So, if the voltage and plug match, the laptop pulls the amount of power it needs. Even a lower wattage power-brick often works, but charges slower or doesn't charge when the laptop is running.

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

2 minutes ago, xc3ll said:

Works fine.

okay, thanks! i was scared of overloading the battery... but i plugged it in and it is charging. 

She/Her