Specialized Laptop

Im a music producer looking for a laptop with a very strong processor and a weaker graphics card. It seems that top of the line (consumer) processors always get paired with a graphics card way more powerful/expensive than I need. Anyone know of a laptop that fits this criteria?

...also anyone know when the ryzen laptops come out? Lol

There are a few laptops with 7820HK's paired with 950MX so they exist but they cost more than an aorus beast with better specs and cooling so its not worth it

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

For the price you would be paying for a laptop with what you want, you could get a laptop with a great processor and a great graphics card.

Just now, Synawke said:

For the price you would be paying for a laptop with what you want, you could get a laptop with a great processor and a great graphics card.

This is what i was going to say, I don't know of many laptops with jsut a good processor, and if i do come across one with a weaker gpu then the cpu will mostly just be average and nothing special. I think you'd be better off just getting a gaming pc because even though it is meant for gaming it's got the specs for video editing among other things. That's what i suggest but what is your price range? 

And, I hate to say it but... a macbook?

Change to US pricing (currently Canadian)  An Aorus/alienware laptop has a better CPU, better GPU and better cooling and costs less

http://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/precision-17-7720-laptop/xctop772017ca

http://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/precision-m7710-workstation/xctomp771017usca

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

21 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

This is what i was going to say, I don't know of many laptops with jsut a good processor, and if i do come across one with a weaker gpu then the cpu will mostly just be average and nothing special. I think you'd be better off just getting a gaming pc because even though it is meant for gaming it's got the specs for video editing among other things. That's what i suggest but what is your price range? 

And, I hate to say it but... a macbook?

Macbooks do kinda fall into this requirement. but again, for the price you could get something with a great GPU and better overall specs. Do macbooks have quad cores and higher yet? I thought all the new ones had dual cores

Get a Macbook Pro 15 inch.. I think that will fit your criteria 

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

thanks for all the help! Yeah I'm staying away from macs lol. I was hoping there was a laptop that fit that criteria meaning it would be cheaper as well. My budget is under 3k if I can do some type of payment plan, but I'm still after a good bang for the buck deal. I'll definitely check out the aorus laptops!

1 hour ago, RaddG93 said:

thanks for all the help! Yeah I'm staying away from macs lol. I was hoping there was a laptop that fit that criteria meaning it would be cheaper as well. My budget is under 3k if I can do some type of payment plan, but I'm still after a good bang for the buck deal. I'll definitely check out the aorus laptops!

3k in what currency? For US/CAD/GBP/EUR thats quite good budget. As said, you can buy directly from manufacturer and customize features you want. Or go to some butique shop selling business laptops. Actually, business laptops are something you should look at. They only have good GPUs if they are used to CAD or something that needs more graphical processing. Plus you get much better warranty service than with consumer grade stuff.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv