Parallel Loop Theory

Go to solution Solved by SquintyG33Rs,
2 minutes ago, Napalm360 said:

To quote Barnacules Nedrgasm, If you give someone Factual Points and even give a way to personally verify said point then education has has failed you

yeah. but psychology also taught us that in a position of equals it is near impossible to convince somebody of their mistake because of confirmation bias and every attempt to prove them wrong will only reinforce their convictions because we seem desperate to bring them to our side instead of just agreeing with them... humans are so dumb sometimes i swear.

Ok how about this.

Res to 3 way T

Leg 1 has pump to CPU back to res

Leg 2 has pump to GPU back to res

Leg 3 has pump to RAD back to res

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

31 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Ok how about this.

Res to 3 way T

Leg 1 has pump to CPU back to res

Leg 2 has pump to GPU back to res

Leg 3 has pump to RAD back to res

3 pumps would be multiple points of failure with no obvious gain in performance. But yes, since the water is mixed in the res and leg 3 cools it in theory it will work since the pumps are fed by gravity so it will not "steal water" from other pumps.

In this case it's more ".... but why?" since if one pump were to fail that leg would die thermally. and also 3 pumps would be louder and more molexes would be needed. if you have those components lying around, having 3 pumps in series would be the way to go to give you redundancy and increased head pressure.

10 minutes ago, For Science! said:

3 pumps would be multiple points of failure with no obvious gain in performance. But yes, since the water is mixed in the res and leg 3 cools it in theory it will work since the pumps are fed by gravity so it will not "steal water" from other pumps.

In this case it's more ".... but why?" since if one pump were to fail that leg would die thermally. and also 3 pumps would be louder and more molexes would be needed. if you have those components lying around, having 3 pumps in series would be the way to go to give you redundancy and increased head pressure.

It was a obviously stupid idea to troll, I get that it works but give no advantages but increases draw backs.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

7 hours ago, Napalm360 said:

Indeed. Not that Id be doing a parallel Loop for a LONG time (due to cost) but knowing the feasibility of certain things/

Kinda Off-topic but thoughts on this config?

Hide contents

Orange tubing is In front Of white Tubing (helps visualise depth?)

Edit: Except the run from cpu > bottom rad > gpu (the cpu > bottom rad is behind the tube that goes from bottom rad to gpu

seems fine, as long as pump is right after rez you're good.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

9 hours ago, For Science! said:

Here is a graphic illustration of parallel flow, and why it works in GPU parallel setups. The outputs then meet up on the other end and keep going in the case of a PC. The front hole receives more or less the same amount of water compared to the hole in the end.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think its intuitive to grab that if the other end of the hose was open (i.e. a path of lower resistance) then most of the water would flow out the other end. Worst case scenario, water may not come out of the smaller holes. This is why you should only parallize things close in resistance.

wow that's actually a perfect illustration. good find

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

20 hours ago, emosun said:

i dont get how that 3 gpu setup would work without gpu 2 and 3 getting less water than 1.

the liquid is split between them, it is kin of difficult to explain. 

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!

Well if one side was sucking the outputs upward with great force (assisted by pumps at each conjunction) and sufficient excess flow downwards to the inputs you could actually achieve something close to ops picture 

|        |

|       |  pump

|gpu|

|        | pump

|gpu|

|        | pump 

|gpu|

|

| excess water 

Heck instead you could simply have a three split from the main tube to each gpu so they each receive the same temp water and have it go through the blocks then right to the rez. 

This would work but albeit rather shitty probably 

Especially with the before mentioned stuff in this thread