I need help fixing my headphones

deadmeme_21

The right speaker works fine, but the left one is "spotty".By that I mean if I tilt my head in a certain direction it works, but it's not the position of the wire because I tried moving the wire around, and nothing happened. How can I fix this? (turtle beach earforce recon 50)

I might be posting in the wrong forum, but you posted posted in the wrong swamp.

(___.\/|

It's likely the wiring on the inside. You'd need to take them apart and re-secure or re-solder the connections. 

they're 40$ headphones they aren't exactly made to last.

best you can do is pull them apart and find where the connection is bad a solder some new connections or replace wires till it's fixed

don't see any screws, so I don't know how

I might be posting in the wrong forum, but you posted posted in the wrong swamp.

(___.\/|

I got these 2 years ago without a warranty

(___.\/|

Just now, craptop kid said:

I got these 2 years ago without a warranty

jeez then just toss them out you should be lucky they lasted that long. 

if you managed to keep them alive that long just buy a new pair , at least you know they'll last 2 years

Unfortunately, even if you do get them apart, there is no guarantee that they will go back together. Manufacturers don't exactly design them to be user serviceable.

That being said, you may be able to find a guide on the internet to fix them, but they are bound to break again, sooner than 2 years. Could be 1 year and 364 days, could be a week from now. The real solution - however suckish it may be - is to get another pair

Could possibly be a loose magnet. A poor wire connection usually will cause some sort of static. A magnet could be moving around as you tilt your head, causing a deterioration of sound volume. Good luck repairing them. I've tried several repairs on headphones/headsets, and most were not successful except for temporary (until I could replace them) use. A lower end pair are likely to be glued, not screwed. Good luck.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

Just now, MadModder said:

Could possibly be a loose magnet. A poor wire connection usually will cause some sort of static. A magnet could be moving around as you tilt your head, causing a deterioration of sound volume. Good luck repairing them. I've tried several repairs on headphones/headsets, and most were not successful except for temporary (until I could replace them) use. A lower end pair are likely to be glued, not screwed. Good luck.

You can try but 99 percent of the time you'll end up with a open headset so

My life

5 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

When were they purchased?

october 25th 2015

(___.\/|

Just now, Himommies said:

You can try but 99 percent of the time you'll end up with a open headset so

no way to open the damn thing from what im looking at right now

(___.\/|

1 minute ago, craptop kid said:

no way to open the damn thing from what im looking at right now

don't.It's almost guranteed not to work.Just get a new pair

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

don't.It's almost guranteed not to work.Just get a new pair

k

(___.\/|