Hackintosh advice needed.

Would love to have some advice from this forum as apposed to the Tonymac86 website / forum as I've not had a reply yet.

I'm currently thinking of buying the retail disk for OSX from the Apple store whilst also purchasing an 8GB USB pendrive to install the OS onto my current desktop (See sig). My main problem is booting with this motherboard, I've read numerous forum posts about the Maximus Formula V Mb not wanting to boot from the install and will only boot when the USB stick is plugged in. Reading more on the subject of that MB I found that the MB is supported well enough when you have the modded BIOS with the exception of the Bluetooth and such, can anyone help? 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Would love to have some advice from this forum as apposed to the Tonymac86 website / forum as I've not had a reply yet.

I'm currently thinking of buying the retail disk for OSX from the Apple store whilst also purchasing an 8GB USB pendrive to install the OS onto my current desktop (See sig). My main problem is booting with this motherboard, I've read numerous forum posts about the Maximus Formula V Mb not wanting to boot from the install and will only boot when the USB stick is plugged in. Reading more on the subject of that MB I found that the MB is supported well enough when you have the modded BIOS with the exception of the Bluetooth and such, can anyone help? 

Yup. You will have to flash your bios so that you have the modded bios and then make a UniBeast USB drive on a mac. Then you will need to install your Bootloader on a small (200mb) FAT32 partition.

\

Yup. You will have to flash your bios so that you have the modded bios and then make a UniBeast USB drive on a mac. Then you will need to install your Bootloader on a small (200mb) FAT32 partition.

Yes to what? 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Yes the board will work and that you need to flash your bios

What about the current boot problems with the board?

What about the current boot problems with the board?

That's just people not knowing how to install it properly. I will help when you do it.

\

That's just people not knowing how to install it properly. I will help when you do it.

Mhmm, I'm tempted to as it'll cost me around £30 for the entire thing, the retail disk is what? £14. What is the OS like when installed on the SAME SSD but in a different partition, how does it react? 

Mhmm, I'm tempted to as it'll cost me around £30 for the entire thing, the retail disk is what? £14. What is the OS like when installed on the SAME SSD but in a different partition, how does it react? 

I would highly recommend using two different HDD/SSD

\

Which is why i asked, I have a spare 250GB Laptop HDD that I'll plan on using for OSX. 

I've been thinking, will I have any problem installing the retail disk first before Mavericks upgrade?, also, will the disk be mounted to the USB as apposed to installed by disk? 

I've been thinking, will I have any problem installing the retail disk first before Mavericks upgrade?, also, will the disk be mounted to the USB as apposed to installed by disk? 

It should work fine, you will just need to copy the .DMG off the disk. There is a guide on tonymacx86.com

\

You're need a bigger USB because its nor quite big enough use a 16gb. Also you're need s mac use a mates or download a virtual box image. This is because of program you use to put Mac on the USB needed a Mac OS

Our Lord and Saviour Chunt!!!

You're need a bigger USB because its nor quite big enough use a 16gb. Also you're need s mac use a mates or download a virtual box image. This is because of program you use to put Mac on the USB needed a Mac OS

8Gb Flash drive is big enough.

\

8Gb Flash drive is big enough.

I tried two 8gb sticks for my install had to use my 16gb

I tried two 8gb sticks for my install had to use my 16gb

Then you did something wrong since I have a 8gb UniBeast drive.

\

Then you did something wrong since I have a 8gb UniBeast drive.

perhaps i because I used iBoot

After reading this again, I'll assume when you install the bootloader you're basically creating what was on the USB (The Bootloader on that) onto the Small 200MB partition to avoid the boot problems? 

After reading this again, I'll assume when you install the bootloader you're basically creating what was on the USB (The Bootloader on that) onto the Small 200MB partition to avoid the boot problems? 

Correct

\

Correct

Good. I'll need your help christmas, before, or around when I do it, you use Skype correct? 

Good. I'll need your help christmas, before, or around when I do it, you use Skype correct? 

TeamSpeak ip: teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.com

I will be on 99% of the time.

\

TeamSpeak ip: teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.com

I will be on 99% of the time.

I don't use Teamspeak mate. 

Same as I don't use skype

Hrmm, we'll see then, when the time comes I may use teamspeak.