Crosshair vi hero vs AX370 gaming k7

Go to solution Solved by Damascus,
Spoiler

ASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI Hero

Hey another stupid question,

So Im planning to go with AMD and drop intel as I can get a more solid uprgade path and better performce for my type of workload.

I am looking for a board thats X370,Overclocks like a charm and is stable, so far i have narrowed it down to two boards (do recommend me others that I should Consider):

1. ASUS Crosshair VI Hero:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/gj7CmG/asus-crosshair-vi-hero-atx-am4-motherboard-crosshair-vi-hero

2. Gigabyte AX370 Gaming k7:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/jf4NnQ/gigabyte-ga-ax370-gaming-k7-atx-am4-motherboard-ga-ax370-gaming-k7

R5 1600X:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/8hwqqs/amd-ryzen-5-1600x-36ghz-6-core-processor-yd160xbcaewof

(note: memory is cosair vengeance lpx ddr4 3000mhz 2x8gb cl 15)

I love both, leaning towards the Hero as it fits nicely with future plans on my build (mainly aesthetics) BUT one thing thats offset this choice and why Im creating this topic 

is that the AX370 gaming k7 is £30 cheaper than the hero which helps alot In terms of affordability but i dont know wether the £30 difference is worth it for the hero so Id love to

get some real advice and experiences from owners of these boards now that the platforms matured alot since launch to help me.

Much appreciated :) 

I'd really consider the asrock x370 taichi, early reviews pitched it about the best

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I would say the Asus Crosshair VI Hero not only because I have the same CPU and also use the VI Hero, but because Asus has a great history when it comes to stable overclocking and they release UEFI BIOS updates more frequently when compared to most manufacturers.

P.S. It also has RGB which is all anyone should care about nowadays! xD

Just now, stealth80 said:

I'd really consider the asrock x370 taichi, early reviews pitched it about the best

BUT THE COLOUR SCHEME sighs - Its the Dealkiller for me

Spoiler

ASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI HeroASUS Crosshair VI Hero

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

33 minutes ago, T-Monkey said:

I would say the Asus Crosshair VI Hero not only because I have the same CPU and also use the VI Hero, but because Asus has a great history when it comes to stable overclocking and they release UEFI BIOS updates more frequently when compared to most manufacturers.

P.S. It also has RGB which is all anyone should care about nowadays! xD

Indeed, Just the £30 difference, meh i can wait i guess

32 minutes ago, Damascus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Fanboyism Or Serious answer?

Just now, Napalm360 said:

Indeed, Just the £30 difference, meh i can wait i guess

yah and the hero has better i/o as well

1 minute ago, Napalm360 said:

Fanboyism Or Serious answer?

Serious answer, the VRM's on that beast are like nothing else.  

29 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Ive heard its a unicorn, and buildzoid agrees, any reason other than price that the gigabyte is better?

29 minutes ago, T-Monkey said:

yah and the hero has better i/o as well

like 18 U S B S

1 minute ago, Napalm360 said:

Ive heard its a unicorn, and buildzoid agrees, any reason other than price that the gigabyte is better?

the gigabyte does have great ethernet support and an awesome headphone dac

24 minutes ago, Napalm360 said:

But the hero has a good dac?

it does but the gigabyte board is better for headphone support. they both have excellent dacs overall

btw where are you planning on purchasing your mb from?

1 hour ago, Napalm360 said:

Bclk generator maybe?  It also has way more rgb and IMO the aorus eagle looks fantastic

8 hours ago, Damascus said:

Bclk generator maybe?  It also has way more rgb and IMO the aorus eagle looks fantastic

The Hero has bclk gen as well right? probably gonna saveup for the hero as rgb aint my thing and the accent lighting on the hero is perfect for me

1 hour ago, Napalm360 said:

The Hero has bclk gen as well right? probably gonna saveup for the hero as rgb aint my thing and the accent lighting on the hero is perfect for me

Hero has all you need without stupid shit that you don't (like K7)

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

41 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Hero has all you need without stupid shit that you don't (like K7)

WAIT, For oveclcoking (which is my main interest) is b350 better? and why

Just now, Napalm360 said:

WAIT, For oveclcoking (which is my main interest) is b350 better? and why

B350 better? what? are you joking? 

Get Crosshair, it has the best balance of everything

Just now, dave_k said:

B350 better? what? are you joking? 

Get Crosshair, it has the best balance of everything

Apologies, i seen in one of your replies that b350 is better for oc (something like that)

3 minutes ago, Napalm360 said:

Apologies, i seen in one of your replies that b350 is better for oc (something like that)

B350 sucks, i am saying it is "OK" just to not make peasants angry.

If it was good, i wouldn't spend as much on my mobo as on my CPU

6 minutes ago, dave_k said:

B350 sucks, i am saying it is "OK" just to not make peasants angry.

If it was good, i wouldn't spend twice as much on my mobo as on my CPU

LOL, well thank you kind sir for giving me the facts, ill be getting the crosshair then :)

Spoiler

So I take it your an overclocking veteran?

read your board guide, it all makes sence now, ty

12 hours ago, Damascus said:

No the VRM on the biostar gt7 and tiachi and professional gaming are better...... 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

3 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

No the VRM on the biostar gt7 and tiachi and professional gaming are better...... 

GT7 is not available outside asia/discontinued

Taichi screws up the efficiency already

9 minutes ago, dave_k said:

GT7 is not available outside asia/discontinued

Taichi screws up the efficiency already

That's sad. The biostar was the best x370 board

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Just now, Jumper118 said:

That's sad. The biostar was the best x370 board

From what i know, the memory support was awful