What is the best overclocking setting for Ryzen 5 1600x?

I am going to use Ryzen Master Application so please dont suggest BIOS tweaks.

How do i reach 4 Ghz in Ryzen without overclocking.

Because I am getting capped at 3.64

up the cpu voltage. your considered OC when you mess with bios/ryzen master settings to increase speed/voltage/etc. undervolt is when you do the opposite

Just now, ZeusXI said:

up the cpu voltage. your considered OC when you mess with bios settings to increase speed/voltage/etc. undervolt is when you do the opposite

In ryzen master application. I set clock speed to 4000 mhz but no voltage seems to be stable for the CPU. Tried from the range of 1.33 - 1.45. Can you please suggest anything?

7 minutes ago, Sankhadeep said:

In ryzen master application. I set clock speed to 4000 mhz but no voltage seems to be stable for the CPU. Tried from the range of 1.33 - 1.45. Can you please suggest anything?

not all ryzen 1600 or 1600x wil hit 4.0Ghz. my 1600 is at 1.34v @ 3.94Ghz. 

Just now, ZeusXI said:

not all ryzen 1600 or 1600x wil hit 4.0Ghz. my 1600 is at 1.34v @ 3.94Ghz. 

Then why is it being advertised as 4Ghz processor and all those XFR mumbo jumbo stuff?

1 minute ago, Sankhadeep said:

Then why is it being advertised as 4Ghz processor and all those XFR mumbo jumbo stuff?

if cooling is right, you can hit 4.0Ghz. if you are using the stock cooler, it will do it, you just need to fiddle with the settings. why do you want 4.0Ghz so bad? once you start volting and OC yourself, the xfr doesnt apply i dont think

1 minute ago, ZeusXI said:

if cooling is right, you can hit 4.0Ghz. if you are using the stock cooler, it will do it, you just need to fiddle with the settings. why do you want 4.0Ghz so bad? once you start volting and OC yourself, the xfr doesnt apply i dont think

yeah xfr doesnt apply...but i need to get a few more fps in games. So, I am considering overclocking. I was a fool to get ryzen instead of an intel.

Just now, Sankhadeep said:

yeah xfr doesnt apply...but i need to get a few more fps in games. So, I am considering overclocking. I was a fool to get ryzen instead of an intel.

umm....you were not a fool. what games are you playing, and what graphics card are you using

17 minutes ago, Sankhadeep said:

Don't start at 4GHz?  That's likely as far as you'd get anyways.

Set your voltage to like 1.3 or something, set the processor to something low like 3.5GHz, then start ramping up clockspeed running a couple benchmarks until it starts crashing on you.  Add a bit of voltage, try to run benchmarks again.  Rinse and repeat until you either can't keep the thing cool, or you're no longer comfortable adding voltage.

Keep notes handy to record voltage, clockspeeds, temps, and benchmark scores.  Once you get the thing maxed out, you can dial things back a bit to keep almost all the performance without leaning on the CPU nearly as hard.

8 minutes ago, Sankhadeep said:

Because it boosts to 4.0 or 4.1 when you're only using 1 or 2 cores.

I haven't bothered to overclock mine because it already runs at 3.7/4.1 out of the box with a cheap Cryorig H7.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

Just now, ZeusXI said:

umm....you were not a fool. what games are you playing, and what graphics card are you using

GTX 1060 6GB and mainly competitive Rainbow Six Siege. So, I want to hit that constant 144 fps mark for my 144 Hz monitor.

GTX 1060 6GB and mainly competitive Rainbow Six Siege. So, I want to hit that constant 144 fps mark for my 144 Hz monitor.

why do you want a constant 144FPS when the eye cant really see much difference between 60fps and 72fps?

Just now, ZeusXI said:

why do you want a constant 144FPS when the eye cant really see much difference between 60fps and 72fps?

It matters when the game gets competitive. I know the eye is restricted to 24 fps. But constant 144 fps differs from 60fps.

1 minute ago, ZeusXI said:

Because ESPORTZ.

Everyone knows that FPS's are literally unplayable at less than 120hz.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

It matters when the game gets competitive. I know the eye is restricted to 24 fps. But constant 144 fps differs from 60fps.

my 1600 runs R6S just fine. try using the high performance mode?

3 minutes ago, Phate.exe said:

Don't start at 4GHz?  That's likely as far as you'd get anyways.

Set your voltage to like 1.3 or something, set the processor to something low like 3.5GHz, then start ramping up clockspeed running a couple benchmarks until it starts crashing on you.  Add a bit of voltage, try to run benchmarks again.  Rinse and repeat until you either can't keep the thing cool, or you're no longer comfortable adding voltage.

Keep notes handy to record voltage, clockspeeds, temps, and benchmark scores.  Once you get the thing maxed out, you can dial things back a bit to keep almost all the performance without leaning on the CPU nearly as hard.

Because it boosts to 4.0 or 4.1 when you're only using 1 or 2 cores.

I haven't bothered to overclock mine because it already runs at 3.7/4.1 out of the box.

What would you say is a stable temperature for ryzen 5 1600x?

I am getting 84 degree celsius max and 70 low 

Just now, ZeusXI said:

my 1600 runs R6S just fine. try using the high performance mode?

where do i find that?

where do i find that?

power settings

there are 3 modes

power saver, balanced, and high performance.

temp wise? i have after market cooler. im staying under 60C

Just now, ZeusXI said:

power settings

there are 3 modes

power saver, balanced, and high performance.

temp wise? i have after market cooler. im staying under 60C

:( Mine is hitting 85 degrees.

5 minutes ago, Sankhadeep said:

What would you say is a stable temperature for ryzen 5 1600x?

I am getting 84 degree celsius max and 70 low 

Under 65C in a tiny case with the fans set to a quiet profile.

It's also sharing that space with a Fury Nitro, so nothing inside this machine runs especially cool.

10 minutes ago, Sankhadeep said:

You cannot be serious, right? 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Besides that point:  From what I can find, a stock 1600X paired with an RX 480 rocks a 125fps minimum and 162 average in Rainbow Six Siege at 1080p high settings.  720p/low testing to eliminate any GPU bottlenecking goes well over 200fps.

OP probably just needs to turn the graphics settings down because they're trying to run 144fps out of a midrange gpu.

Also it sounds like they have pretty garbage cooling.

22 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

This is an old myth that too many people still believe. People have moved on to claiming you can't see a difference between 144Hz and 240Hz. Personally, I went from 60Hz to 144Hz in Overwatch. At low settings, I'm easily able to push 200+ FPS and the monitor frequency change made a huge difference. I can't imagine trying to game at 240Hz, but people claim to be able to spot the difference.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

6 minutes ago, johndms said:

This is an old myth that too many people still believe. People have moved on to claiming you can't see a difference between 144Hz and 240Hz. Personally, I went from 60Hz to 144Hz in Overwatch. At low settings, I'm easily able to push 200+ FPS and the monitor frequency change made a huge difference. I can't imagine trying to game at 240Hz, but people claim to be able to spot the difference.

It's smoother for sure, but once you get above 100-120hz you're seriously getting into diminishing returns.

But based on testing data I've been able to find, a stock 1600X should be very capable of pushing the frames OP is looking for.  They either need to turn the graphics settings down because their 1060 can't do it, or they need to figure out their cooling situation because they're cooking the shit out of their 1600X.

Without know what kind of cooler OP has, or how high they have the graphics settings, the entire thread is pointless.

34 minutes ago, Sankhadeep said:

While choosing Ryzen wasn't foolish from a 'bang for buck' standpoint, purely gaming would be best on Intel. The extra cores come in handy when recording gameplay or streaming, or preparing video for upload, but from my viewpoint (as someone who's only played Overwatch), you may need to drop the graphic settings down to Low to achieve a frame rate worthy of a 144Hz monitor.

I didn't see if you mentioned your motherboard, but I doubt you'll ever overclock at 4GHz with Ryzen Master and be stable. There's bios options on some boards that will make it easier (LLC) and perhaps require less core voltage, thus lower temps. Try for something like 3.7 or 3.8GHz at 1.30 to 1.35v and keep an eye on the temperatures. They shouldn't be going much higher than 80c during heavy load to be safe.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

• 6 months later...
On 15-10-2017 at 4:32 AM, ZeusXI said:

Thats console peasant propaganda my friend!