Who goes to music festivals?

Major festivals are slowly revealing headliners, and the Rock Werchter line up is looking fantastic so far :D, but i'm curious. Who goes to music festivals and why? 

I like to watch a lot of bands and have a few drinks and laughs, but the music is the most important.

So who's going?

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/line-up

Eh, not really big on them. Especially when Skrillex is included. Just let me be with my Daft Punk, Coldplay, Deadmau5, Joe Jeremiah (YouTuber who makes 8-bit music with a KORG Synth) and every once in a while, Lana Del Rey.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I used to go to a lot of music festivals when I was younger. I have attended Roskilde festival, Wacken Open Air, Full Force, Graspop Metal Meeting, Obscene Extreme, Sweden Rock, Hellfest Open Air, Download Festival and Mountains of Death. It was basically my whole summer for 6 years of my life.

I have never been to Rock Werchter, but the line-up looks awesome. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I went to the Sonisphere this summer, biggest metal concert in France and third biggest in Europe, god it was EPIC! Until Bring Me The Horizon came... All the real metalheads stepped back to go drink a beer and all the emos stepped in, o gawd...

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

I went to laundry day (in antwerp) this year, Dimitri vegas & like mike and aoki were amazing!

Can't wait to go to tomorrowland in 2 years :D

current system:  i5 2500k @4.5ghz cooled by antec 620 - asrock z77 extreme 4 - 8gb corsair RAM - MSI Twin Frorz 7950 in crossfire - XFX 850w  - Fractal design R4 - samsung 840 120gb ssd - 500gb wd blue hdd - 1440p korean qnix monitor (love it!)

nope music is not realy my thing 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

nope music is not realy my thing 

I feel kind of the same way. However I do have fond memories of a few music festivals that my parents dragged me to when I was really young.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I feel kind of the same way. However I do have fond memories of a few music festivals that my parents dragged me to when I was really young.

yeah but still i dont think a music festival is something i like becaus of my as i dont like the realy busy partys with loads of people 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Fests are all I attend any more. Don't get out to as many regular shows as I did when I was a kid, so Fests are a time for me to see all the bands I care about over the course of a weekend. Noteable (although obscure) Fests I've attended include: Hellfest, Posi #'s, United Blood, This Is Hardcore, Burning Fight, Chaos in Tejas, Gateway to the West, aaaaaand I think that's about it.

yeah but still i dont think a music festival is something i like becaus of my as i dont like the realy busy partys with loads of people 

Yeah, right now I would never go to one (the festival I am talking is an annual one and still goes on every year) but those memories were from a time where I was slightly less xenophobic.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Would be so nice to go. I was upset when I heard from my friends that Judas Priest won't be coming (to finland at least) anymore. I so would've liked to see them. But there are still many bands I'd like to see that will most likely hold a concert here

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I go to a couple days of blues fest every year. Get discounted tickets($40 usually) as a student and I get to see around five bands a day. Get to see a lot of big names too: Iron Maiden, Buddy Guy, B.B King, The Flaming Lips, Weezer, Wu Tang. Not all blues but whatever. Also get to see some less popular artists which I would have never heard of had I not gone.

I'm just glad our small country that is Belgium still has some of the best European festivals around. Rock Werchter still atracts huuuuge names every year and Tommorowland is just getting bigger and bigger every year. They even had to expand to the states :P and then there are the enormous amounts of medium to small festivals in towns :P 

Just a bit proud of that tradition :D

Eh, not really big on them. Especially when Skrillex is included. Just let me be with my Daft Punk, Coldplay, Deadmau5, Joe Jeremiah (YouTuber who makes 8-bit music with a KORG Synth) and every once in a while, Lana Del Rey.

I just found out about Joe Jeremiah and he is awesome.