Cables mod question

JusticeBeaver

Under the cable mod configuration, I'm looking to do the cable replacement for a quiet dark pro 11. I know it's an 8 pin to power my cpu, but under a few of the configuration options. Is it the 4x4 eps cable i need?

My mono is a MIS z97 gd65.

make Shure the set your getting is compatible with your psu  and as far as your question goes im going to quote my psu "EPS/(ATX)12v 8pin (4+4)cable" hope that answers your question

yes the 4+4 is the CPU EPS power connector.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 hours ago, JusticeBeaver said:

Under the cable mod configuration, I'm looking to do the cable replacement for a quiet dark pro 11. I know it's an 8 pin to power my cpu, but under a few of the configuration options. Is it the 4x4 eps cable i need?

My mono is a MIS z97 gd65.

you can buy 8 EPS or the 4+4 EPS(Which can be used as 4 or 8 EPS). When making my cables I stick with non-break connectors (aka 8 EPS).

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

On 10/15/2017 at 8:24 AM, Revan654 said:

you can buy 8 EPS or the 4+4 EPS(Which can be used as 4 or 8 EPS). When making my cables I stick with non-break connectors (aka 8 EPS).

I do that too, but I seem to remember the single 8pin being a fair bit pricier than the 4+4 from cable mod.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

I just went ahead and ordered the casemod default red/black extensions. I didn't want to spend over 100 bucks on custom ones and these will be fine for my case mod. Need something fast, because im swapping cases. I'm going to a Fractal Meshify and putting my NZXT to a dual xeon machine. 

Thanks for the help guys, I am very new to the gucci case stuff so wanted to be sure before I spent money and got the wrong stuff.

9 hours ago, unknownmiscreant said:

I do that too, but I seem to remember the single 8pin being a fair bit pricier than the 4+4 from cable mod.

There both listed for 21.90. The wiring is exactly the same so there no reason to charge extra.

51 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

There both listed for 21.90. The wiring is exactly the same so there no reason to charge extra.

I know the wiring is the same. It bemused me as well when I was tossing up cable mod vs diy. 

Although they appear to have sorted it out. 

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

@JusticeBeaver the 8-pin EPS and 4+4 EPS are the same in that they are EPS power, but with the 4+4 you have better compatibility later should you change motherboards and go from a 4-pin to 8-pin, or 8-pin to 4-pin. They cost the same as well so typically I recommend the 4+4 EPS. :)

2 hours ago, CableMod said:

@JusticeBeaver the 8-pin EPS and 4+4 EPS are the same in that they are EPS power, but with the 4+4 you have better compatibility later should you change motherboards and go from a 4-pin to 8-pin, or 8-pin to 4-pin. They cost the same as well so typically I recommend the 4+4 EPS. :)

That why molex created a pin removal tool, You can swap out the housing if needed. I never liked that connector along with the 6+2 connector.

2 hours ago, CableMod said:

Yeah,  i went with your guys stuff from new egg. Wish i could find the blood red ones,  but i guess red will do. 

1 hour ago, JusticeBeaver said:

Yeah,  i went with your guys stuff from new egg. Wish i could find the blood red ones,  but i guess red will do. 

@JusticeBeaver sorry, we don't offer Blood Red in our ModFlex kits, only in ModMesh. For the beQuiet! PSU's this requires purchasing from the configurator.