Headsets

Gombel

Hi everyone! :)

Right now I'm sitting with a broken hyperX cloud 2 headset, my microphone is only working 10% of the time I'm using my headset.

So I was thinking about getting a new one. But which? I was thinking about getting the same headset "HyperX Cloud 2", but why not ask in here

Do you have any headsets you can recommend to me? I'm usually a gamer playing CS:GO, also I'm listening to music. 

So if you have a good recommendation then led me know!

Thanks! - Gombel

I have the Sennheiser G4ME ONE. I am extremely satisfied with them.

Sound quality is great, both for gaming and music (music-only headphones may have better bass, but the G4ME ONE still have a good bass). Build quality, while in plastic, is awesome, very durable. Finally, for what concerns comfort, I could use them from morning to evening without having any discomfort, the pads are well-made and do not stick to your skin as they are not in leather.

I would buy them again.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

3 hours ago, Eibe said:

I have the Sennheiser G4ME ONE. I am extremely satisfied with them.

Sound quality is great, both for gaming and music (music-only headphones may have better bass, but the G4ME ONE still have a good bass). Build quality, while in plastic, is awesome, very durable. Finally, for what concerns comfort, I could use them from morning to evening without having any discomfort, the pads are well-made and do not stick to your skin as they are not in leather.

I would buy them again.

Thanks for your reply.

I have a few questions.

1. How is the sound isolation of the background sound when you have it on, since it's not leather i'm not sure

2. What do you think of the mic?

-Gombel

2 hours ago, Gombel said:

Thanks for your reply.

I have a few questions.

1. How is the sound isolation of the background sound when you have it on, since it's not leather i'm not sure

2. What do you think of the mic?

-Gombel

It's an open-acoustic headset, so you will definitely hear sounds around you... The headset is designed not to isolate you. In fact, the sound can also be heard by people standing near you because of that. I prefer it as I can hear if someone is knocking on the door etc.

This definitely does not hinder my immersion while in games etc.

I think that the mic is great. Even some of my friends on Discord/Teamspeak immediately noticed when I changed headset from an old TurtleBeach one as they said "You sound completely different and clearer, did you replace your mic/headset?"

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 hour ago, Eibe said:

It's an open-acoustic headset, so you will definitely hear sounds around you... The headset is designed not to isolate you. In fact, the sound can also be heard by people standing near you because of that. I prefer it as I can hear if someone is knocking on the door etc.

This definitely does not hinder my immersion while in games etc.

I think that the mic is great. Even some of my friends on Discord/Teamspeak immediately noticed when I changed headset from an old TurtleBeach one as they said "You sound completely different and clearer, did you replace your mic/headset?"

Argh okay, thanks

Right now im thinking of rebuying "HyperX cloud 2" or "Sennheiser - Game Zero" Its just the price difference that stops me from buying the Sennheiser - Game Zero

3 hours ago, Gombel said:

Argh okay, thanks

Right now im thinking of rebuying "HyperX cloud 2" or "Sennheiser - Game Zero" Its just the price difference that stops me from buying the Sennheiser - Game Zero

The Game Zero has bad bass sound compared to the Game One. The Game Zero is pure gaming (good footsteps etc.), the Game One is an hybrid between gaming and music. The Game Zero is open acoustic as well.

Unraid Server

I don't believe in gaming headset, so I'm going to go with the classic HD558s with a modmic

Thanks @Max_Settings  :)

If you like the way your Clouds sound, you can always get a ModMic and replace the mic on the HyperX Cloud 2 and save money. When your headphone unit fails (everything does eventually) you can just reattach the ModMic to something like the above mentioned Sennheisers.

About 15-20% of our customers purchase to replace a broken mic!

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

On 10/15/2017 at 7:55 PM, AAJoe said:

Thanks @Max_Settings  :)

If you like the way your Clouds sound, you can always get a ModMic and replace the mic on the HyperX Cloud 2 and save money. When your headphone unit fails (everything does eventually) you can just reattach the ModMic to something like the above mentioned Sennheisers.

About 15-20% of our customers purchase to replace a broken mic!

Argh, okay! Thanks a lot of the tip! Can you recommend any of the mics? :) 

@GombelFor just voice chat the ModMic 4 is good. For recording the ModMic 5's omni mode is worthwhile. The modular cable of the 5 also means replacing a broken cable is MUCH easier, but that value depends on how neat and tidy (aka, how often you roll over your cables with your chair) you keep your gear.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!