Smart watch suggestions

11prik

Hey , so I wanted to know some good watches ...I was thinking of huawei watch 2 plz suggest me

I ask everyone this question but why do you need a smart watch? Half the things you do on your smart watch have a better UI for your phone. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

35 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

I ask everyone this question but why do you need a smart watch? Half the things you do on your smart watch have a better UI for your phone. 

By that logic, why do you need a phone? Half the things you do on your phone have a better UI on your PC.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

47 minutes ago, dizmo said:

By that logic, why do you need a phone? Half the things you do on your phone have a better UI on your PC.

I dislike buying credit to make calls on Skype. I only tolerate them for business conferences at work. The UI's on my phone were customized by myself and I don't need to be tethered to a PC 24/7 the same way someone would need to be tethered to their phone 24/7. I'm constantly on the go even when I'm not at work. 

The point I'm trying to make here is that smart watches are a waste of money because most people will use them and then realize they spent over $500 on a watch that just uses Bluetooth to shoot notifications from their phone to their watch. The functionality on a smartwatch is 1/10th what you would be using on a smartphone, and 9/10 times if you use your smartphone more often than you use a smart watch, there really shouldn't be a reason to get one if you're on your phone more often. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

21 hours ago, Hiitchy said:

I dislike buying credit to make calls on Skype. I only tolerate them for business conferences at work. The UI's on my phone were customized by myself and I don't need to be tethered to a PC 24/7 the same way someone would need to be tethered to their phone 24/7. I'm constantly on the go even when I'm not at work. 

The point I'm trying to make here is that smart watches are a waste of money because most people will use them and then realize they spent over $500 on a watch that just uses Bluetooth to shoot notifications from their phone to their watch. The functionality on a smartwatch is 1/10th what you would be using on a smartphone, and 9/10 times if you use your smartphone more often than you use a smart watch, there really shouldn't be a reason to get one if you're on your phone more often. 

This is precisely the reason I recommend a Pebble smartwatch to people. Most people just want notifications on their wrist so they don't have to carry their phone around the house all the time. I love mine for that and for discreet notifications at work. It's also easier to glance at my watch while driving than to dig my phone out of my pocket, and it's even waterproof so I don't miss anything while in the shower/pool/beach.

Best of all, all it costs to achieve this is like $15-20. The Pebble Classic is always on ebay for dirt cheap. But don't expect more than notifications, and play/pause/skip for music plus song info. For more like $50 you can get the Pebble Time which adds a color screen, a microphone for dictating texts (still can't do full calls on the watch), and a better health monitor system. And for a bit more you can get the Pebble Steel or Pebble Time Steel if you want all-metal. I honestly like the silicon bands the best though. I've been using Pebble smartwatches for years and I love them. Still not ready to drop $200+ on a full featured watch but this works great for me.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)