Good 1155 cpus

so i'm giving a friend of mine an old pc of mine with an 1155 motherboard, but the cpu is a 3220 which he wants to upgrade, whats the best price to performance 1155 cpu he could buy used. 

Just now, Thermosman said:

Get the i7-2700k, if you can overclock

nope, motheboard cant overclock :( is the 2700 any good without oc?

I have a i5 3570 in mine and I have no problems in pubg and picked it up used for £50-£60

Desktop: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 | i7 6700k @4.7GHz 1.3v | Custom EKWB soft-tubing loop (CPU + GPU) (2x 240mm Alphacool rads)| Zotac GTX 1080 Founder Edition | Asus Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard | Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD | 4TB Seagate HDD | 2TB Seagate HDD | EVGA SuperNova G2 750 | Acer Predator XB271HK | https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xzjRHN

4 minutes ago, elexi0s said:

nope, motheboard cant overclock :( is the 2700 any good without oc?

You can still buy a K for the increased base and boost clocks. 

2700 would be fine though, if the i7 2700 actually existed xD Only the 2700K exists. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

quick question to people on this thread, a k cpu can still work in a non oc motherboard without oc right?

i7 3770 is great option, but i would look for a better option, and buy a motherboard that lets him overclock, you can find them used very cheap and then go for something like 2700k for example.

Just now, elexi0s said:

quick question to people on this thread, a k cpu can still work in a non oc motherboard without oc right?

yes it will work

Just now, elexi0s said:

Yes but you just can’t OCthem

Desktop: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 | i7 6700k @4.7GHz 1.3v | Custom EKWB soft-tubing loop (CPU + GPU) (2x 240mm Alphacool rads)| Zotac GTX 1080 Founder Edition | Asus Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard | Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD | 4TB Seagate HDD | 2TB Seagate HDD | EVGA SuperNova G2 750 | Acer Predator XB271HK | https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xzjRHN

Just now, Jack Durden said:

i7 3770 is great option, but i would look for a better option, and buy a motherboard that lets him overclock, you can find them used very cheap and then go for something like 2700k for example.

at that point he might as well buy an 1151 board and cpu tbh

Just now, Janner558 said:

Yes but you just can’t OCthem

thought so, just wasn't sure

3 minutes ago, elexi0s said:

at that point he might as well buy an 1151 board and cpu tbh

For the same price/performance the 3770(k) and 2700(k) I don't agree.

It'll be REALLY tough to match a CPU as good as them for 90-130$.

And assuming OP already has RAM, MOBO and the rest, it simply wont be worth getting new if he wants to save cash.