SLI not changing performance?

Scorps
Go to solution Solved by Scorps,
21 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

Hard to say since surround with SLI isn't all that common, and I retired my old 3x 1080p setup a while ago. Testing a more common resolution such as 4k would give a better idea if SLI is working. If you test again with SLI disabled, do your frames drop while in surround configuration?

On 10/13/2017 at 9:48 PM, Mick Naughty said:

Technically you don't have sli enabled if you are using surround but you should still notice the improvment  run a benchmark with and without once card. Would be pretty clear if it's a game issues or something else. 

So I disabled SLI and did the benchmark again and the results are:

Average FPS: 58.8

Max FPS: 129.3

Min FPS: 25.9

These results were very weird so I did another benchmark with SLI enabled and the results are:

Average FPS: 102.7

Min FPS: 32.2

Max FPS: 178.0

For some reason when I re-enabled SLI the results are different from my first results........ I guess some how that SLI was disabled on the first results and on the second benchmark thats when SLI was enabled? Idk. 

I just got one more 1080ti rog strix edition for my dual 1080ti SLI, but when I booted up everything, there is no change in performance for any of my games (specifically warthunder and world of tanks). HALP

Parts-
MSI Z270 SLI plus mother board 
icore i7
two GTX 1080ti ROG Strix editions
two corsair vengence memory sticks (16 gigs)
corssair all in one liquid cooler
six corsair RGB fans
750W EVGA gold power supply
one TB barracuda hard drive 

one asus ROG SLI bridge

Did you go into the Nvidia control panel and enable SLI?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Scorps said:

Also forgot to note a triple monitor setup 

Are you playing games across more than one of the monitors? If so are they all plugged into the same GPU?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Something to mention about World of Tanks. It's basically only uses CPU. So you wouldn't see a massive change there (and the game hates being played in higher resolutions).

War Thunder, on the other hand is much easier to drive. But the SLI/Crossfire support is godawful.

I've heard that WoT and WT are both wishy washy with SLI support, and often require manual fixes in the driver settings. What other games are you playing where SLI isn't scaling?

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

3 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Are you playing games across more than one of the monitors? If so are they all plugged into the same GPU?

i am using 5760 and they are all plugged intot the same gpu

2 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

I've heard that WoT and WT are both wishy washy with SLI support, and often require manual fixes in the driver settings. What other games are you playing where SLI isn't scaling?

hm, actually i dont play that many triple A games, what games would you reccomend for testing? 

Just now, Scorps said:

hm, actually i dont play that many games, what games would you reccomend for testing? 

Pretty much any 3d Mark or Unigine benchmark is good for verifying if SLI is working or not. 3d Mark TimeSpy and Unigine Heaven are the best go-to ATM.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

Pretty much any 3d Mark or Unigine benchmark is good for verifying if SLI is working or not. 3d Mark TimeSpy and Unigine Heaven are the best go-to ATM.

ok, i will benchmark asp. thx :D

9 minutes ago, Scorps said:

hm, actually i dont play that many triple A games, what games would you reccomend for testing? 

I would recommend either having the other GPU and a decoration or selling it quickly and buying junk food with the money, it'll feel better.

Yours faithfully

3 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

I would recommend either having the other GPU and a decoration or selling it quickly and buying junk food with the money, it'll feel better.

well when i mean by that is that im not playing fallout 4 yet, still recently built my computer lol also waiting for star wars battle front 2...

Just now, Scorps said:

well when i mean by that is that im not playing fallout 4 yet, still recently built my computer lol also waiting for star wars battle front 2...

You'll need that one UHD texture pack to make a load big enough with Fallout 4 to warrant a second 1080ti even on tripple monitors, however that's a fine use of them. 

Yours faithfully

4 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

You'll need that one UHD texture pack to make a load big enough with Fallout 4 to warrant a second 1080ti even on tripple monitors, however that's a fine use of them. 

The UHD texture pack doesn't affect GPU usage, only VRAM usage. Having SLI won't help on that front. What it will help with is if he wants to use a mod that adds extra rendering processes (post processing, more shadows, expanded draw distance, more geometry).

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

Just now, Frankenburger said:

The UHD texture pack doesn't affect GPU usage, only VRAM usage. Having SLI won't help on that front. What will help is if he wants to use a mod that adds extra rendering processes (post processing, more shaders, expanded draw distance, more geometry).

Rendering higher quality images from better textures would be more of a load on the sub systems of the GPU not just VRAM, but yeah, 11GB is better than 8GB. 

Yours faithfully

On 10/12/2017 at 6:20 PM, Scorps said:

I just got one more 1080ti rog strix edition for my dual 1080ti SLI, but when I booted up everything, there is no change in performance for any of my games (specifically warthunder and world of tanks). HALP

Parts-
MSI Z270 SLI plus mother board 
icore i7
two GTX 1080ti ROG Strix editions
two corsair vengence memory sticks (16 gigs)
corssair all in one liquid cooler
six corsair RGB fans
750W EVGA gold power supply
one TB barracuda hard drive 

one asus ROG SLI bridge

So the results are in. Sorry for the late responce, had another problem with a usb wireless adapter but got it fixed.

I used unigine heaven (the free version) since it was free and has good ratings. The results are:

Average FPS: 60.0

Max FPS: 126.6

Min FPS: 8.3

This is with custom settings (setting everything on ultra or extreme) with surround for my 3  monitors. It also registered both of my 1080Ti's. 

Are these average results for a 1080ti SLI build??

2 minutes ago, Scorps said:

So the results are in. Sorry for the late responce, had another problem with a usb wireless adapter but got it fixed.

I used unigine heaven (the free version) since it was free and has good ratings. The results are:

This is with custom settings (setting everything on ultra or extreme) with surround for my 3  monitors. It also registered both of my 1080Ti's. 

I have looked at other people's results for one 1080ti (which is around 30 fps average), but I am still not too sure... 

Technically you don't have sli enabled if you are using surround but you should still notice the improvment  run a benchmark with and without once card. Would be pretty clear if it's a game issues or something else. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

5 hours ago, Scorps said:

Hard to say since surround with SLI isn't all that common, and I retired my old 3x 1080p setup a while ago. Testing a more common resolution such as 4k would give a better idea if SLI is working. If you test again with SLI disabled, do your frames drop while in surround configuration?

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

21 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

On 10/13/2017 at 9:48 PM, Mick Naughty said:

These results were very weird so I did another benchmark with SLI enabled and the results are:

Min FPS: 32.2

Max FPS: 178.0

For some reason when I re-enabled SLI the results are different from my first results........ I guess some how that SLI was disabled on the first results and on the second benchmark thats when SLI was enabled? Idk. 

1 minute ago, Scorps said:

Max FPS: 32.2

Min FPS: 178.0

Something else to note is that I used "Span displays with surround" for all of my benchmarks instead of "Maximize 3D performance".

Just played warthunder and now the fps never drops 180 (mostly stays around 200).... So i supposed its solved? disable and re-enable SLI? idk

4 hours ago, Scorps said:

Just played warthunder and now the fps never drops 180 (mostly stays around 200).... So i supposed its solved? disable and re-enable SLI? idk

Looks that way. If you see both GPUs being utilized above ~65% each, then SLI should be working.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

8 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

Looks that way. If you see both GPUs being utilized above ~65% each, then SLI should be working.

welp it seems as though thats true, THNX FOR HELPING!!!! :D