8GB 1600MHz doesn't like my 133MHz memory

Timbs

I have this exact stick of RAM:https://www.amazon.com/ADATA-1600MHz-Memory-Modules-AX3U1600W8G9-RB/dp/B00F902O5A/ref=pd_sbs_229_4?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=S5A95ZHMGJGHW6C7RJRR&th=1

It keeps messing with my other sticks, of which I don't know what they are. I just know that they are all 1333MHz sticks. One is 4GB, the 2 others are both 2GB and are the same models. Is there any reason that they don't like eachother? I can run either just the 8GB stick, or all 4 other sticks. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus

Because they're running at different speeds.. you aren't supposed to do that.

Put the slowest one in your DDR3_1 slot on your motherboard, and put the fastest one in your DDR3_4 slot.

I made this mistake in my first build lol

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

14 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Because they're running at different speeds.. you aren't supposed to do that.

I was told that you can do that, they will all run at the speed of the lower ones though.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus

15 minutes ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Set them all to 1333 in your UEFI.

It wouldn't even show screen. Just black screen, and the motherboard yells at me.

12 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Put the slowest one in your DDR3_1 slot on your motherboard, and put the fastest one in your DDR3_4 slot.

I made this mistake in my first build lol

Might try this

3 hours ago, a e s t h e t i c a s said:

I was told that you can do that, they will all run at the speed of the lower ones though.

You need to match speed, timings, and voltage otherwise you're in for a real fun time.

29 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You need to match speed, timings, and voltage otherwise you're in for a real fun time.

Very fun. Thanks for the tips, I'll give it the good ol "Hey how ya doin" to it tonight.