Midtower recommendation

Ryujin2003

I'm building a birthday present for my soon to be 8 year old son. I'm using my older parts since I just upgraded to Ryzen. I'm looking for a nice mid towers case, and am currently looking at Corsair Carbide 100R, but didn't know if anyone might have better suggestions. I'm not going with RGB and LEDs, so clear side panel isn't required. Something sturdy and wide enough to fit an MSI R9 380 GAMING.

He's 8, and the only games he plays are Rocket League, Need for Speed, Mech Warrior, Star Wars Battlefront Front. So I do not plan on upgrading him for a while. He will also be using it for educational things for his math and science programs.

Specs:

MB: MSI990FX

CPU: FX 6350 OR FX 8350 (Depending on good deal for coller better than stock and Hyper D92)

GPU: MSI R9 380 4GB Gaming X

PSU: OCZ 700 watt

Any other nice mid towers would be nice to look at. The only color option I will not take is White. They always get dirty, the color fades from sunlight. Not going to deal with it.

Any phanteks case, particularly P300 for a smaller budget or P400 if you have more $$

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

12 minutes ago, Lone2121 said:

I would suggest the Meshify C case by Fractal Design. 

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The Corsair Spec-01 is a pretty good mid-tower case, especially if you're on a budget

That's the main reason I was looking at it. I've never worked in a client's Corsair case that want good build quality.

7 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

Any phanteks case, particularly P300 for a smaller budget or P400 if you have more $$

Yeah, forgot that. Budget is 50 USD, since I'm doing other things as well.

I'll look at the Phanteks and fractal cases. Thanks.

40 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

That's the main reason I was looking at it. I've never worked in a client's Corsair case that want good build quality.

Yeah, forgot that. Budget is 50 USD, since I'm doing other things as well.

I'll look at the Phanteks and fractal cases. Thanks.

The fractal and Phantkes cases will be over budget. 

There are really good budget cases on the market though!

Fractal Design Focus G (Comes in five colors)

Deepcool Tesseract (multiple versions)

Corsair SPEC-04

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

The fractal and Phantkes cases will be over budget. 

There are really good budget cases on the market though!

Fractal Design Focus G (Comes in five colors)

Deepcool Tesseract (multiple versions)

Corsair SPEC-04

Thanks! I'll take a look after I get out of work!