ryzen 1600 wont overclock via bios

hey hello,

i recently updraded to a Ryzen R51600 cpu and suprise suprise, i am having issues.

the chip is amazing, and overclocks to 3,9Ghz stable after 4 hours of prime95, but i found it prustrating to enable this every time via the ryzen master utility.

so i wanted to overclock the chip via the bios. this is where the crap starts. i cant boost the chip for even a megahertz. i also cant find anything i missed while doing this,

anyone with the same problem?

i am using validated RAM from corsair (2133mhz) and the motherbord is a ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

much appriciated, sorry for bad english

also, i would like a cooler from preferably noctua that can keep the baby cool at about 3,8Ghz and that fits in my thermaltake core v1

best regarts

1 minute ago, Alpha_Krk said:

Dont forget to raise the voltage and apply changes.

i adjusted the voltage the same way i did in the master utility. after the "overclock"in the bios everything dies and i need to clear cmos to get it to werk again. i have a 85o watt psu btw with a 80+ gold rating, so power limit is not the issue

6 minutes ago, acv159357n said:

hey hello,

i recently updraded to a Ryzen R51600 cpu and suprise suprise, i am having issues.

the chip is amazing, and overclocks to 3,9Ghz stable after 4 hours of prime95, but i found it prustrating to enable this every time via the ryzen master utility.

so i wanted to overclock the chip via the bios. this is where the crap starts. i cant boost the chip for even a megahertz. i also cant find anything i missed while doing this,

anyone with the same problem?

i am using validated RAM from corsair (2133mhz) and the motherbord is a ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

much appriciated, sorry for bad english

When you enter the bios, what are you changing to overclock the CPU? What settings do you use?

It may also help to update your bios to the most recent version, 3.10. https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITXac/index.asp#BIOS

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

When I had that problem, I had to uninstall AMD software for overclocking, clear CMOS and set OC settings again.

Try that and see if it helps you as well.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Using ryzen master isn't hassle if you have a profile saved already, it's like 3 mouse clicks... and because you have a b350 board like me, you can't apply the voltage as offset, only fixed and it will run with that volatge all the time. IF however you use ryzen master, you can download the amd power profile (one shot deal), that then allows the CPU voltage and frequency to lower when not needed, AMD cool n quiet should also do this, but think it doesn't work when a fixed voltage is applied. Anyway, that's how I have mine now, yes it can be a PITA at times if you forget to go into ryzen master and apply the profile settings, but it's only like 3 clicks. Up to you of course, play around with it and see what works for you.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

19 hours ago, johndms said:

When you enter the bios, what are you changing to overclock the CPU? What settings do you use?

It may also help to update your bios to the most recent version, 3.10. https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITXac/index.asp#BIOS

I have the latest bios version allready, but thats a good one indeed. I changed the voltage and the clockspeed. Ill post some pictures when i get home tonight