New case or keep the same

HorrorCosmic

I'm torn between keeping most of my current build in the way of fans, psu, case, cooling and upgrading it to cannon lake. Or do a completely new build. I've been having my eye on the Meshify C.

Current build This is modified from the one in my profile:

i7-4770k - OC 4.5ghz delid / direct die mount / EK supremacy block.

16GB corsair vengeance pro 2400mhz

gigabyte z97 matx (i forgot he name it was red i painted it black)

2x EVGA SC GTX 980 sli - OC / watercooled ek blocks and backplates

corsair AX1200 psu (sleeved cables from corsair)

500GB m.2 sata samsung 850 evo

2x EKWB 240mm radiators

4x Noctua IPWM 2000rpm on pwm controller

Corsair obsidian 350D

Currently I planned on upgrading cpu, mobo, mem, gpu, ssd, fans (thinking of giving maglev a shot), and reusing the rest since i can still use my hardline tubing and my supremacy block. 

But I kinda feel like doing a brand new build, and the meshify C looks amazing, I can't decide, it's either save money and reuse most of my stuff or go brand new build.

20 minutes ago, HorrorCosmic said:

I'm torn between keeping most of my current build in the way of fans, psu, case, cooling and upgrading it to cannon lake. Or do a completely new build. I've been having my eye on the Meshify C.

Current build This is modified from the one in my profile:

i7-4770k - OC 4.5ghz delid / direct die mount / EK supremacy block.

16GB corsair vengeance pro 2400mhz

gigabyte z97 matx (i forgot he name it was red i painted it black)

2x EVGA SC GTX 980 sli - OC / watercooled ek blocks and backplates

corsair AX1200 psu (sleeved cables from corsair)

500GB m.2 sata samsung 850 evo

2x EKWB 240mm radiators

4x Noctua IPWM 2000rpm on pwm controller

Corsair obsidian 350D

Currently I planned on upgrading cpu, mobo, mem, gpu, ssd, fans (thinking of giving maglev a shot), and reusing the rest since i can still use my hardline tubing and my supremacy block. 

But I kinda feel like doing a brand new build, and the meshify C looks amazing, I can't decide, it's either save money and reuse most of my stuff or go brand new build.

You can use a 20 year old computer case,won't be a problem but u might not have "the latest and greatest" features if the case is too old.

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

Why do you need to upgrade? Is the performance of your build holding you back because it seems unlikely...

On a side note, Cannonlake is for mobile/laptops. You must have meant Coffee Lake.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

If you prefer the meshify over your current case id get that and use old parts then maybe upgrade over time?

7 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

Why do you need to upgrade? Is the performance of your build holding you back because it seems unlikely...

On a side note, Cannonlake is for mobile/laptops. You must have meant Coffee Lake.

I meant coffee lake. The system is showing its age especially the cpu. it is 4 years old with 3 year old video cards. If I upgrade any of that I might as well upgrade it all.

Not saying it isn't running well but at some point but it seems like a good time for an upgrade.

7 hours ago, mxw said:

If you prefer the meshify over your current case id get that and use old parts then maybe upgrade over time?

That's the thing, I'm literally torn between the 2, I love my matx case, its small and quiet fits the 2 gpus and everything else, it looks good it'll save money on reducing parts. But to upgrade this or do a fresh build... new case, new runs, new cooler, new look... That's where I'm at, to save money or go all out and enjoy a brand new build.

1 hour ago, HorrorCosmic said:

I meant coffee lake. The system is showing its age especially the cpu. it is 4 years old with 3 year old video cards. If I upgrade any of that I might as well upgrade it all.

Not saying it isn't running well but at some point but it seems like a good time for an upgrade.

That's the thing, I'm literally torn between the 2, I love my matx case, its small and quiet fits the 2 gpus and everything else, it looks good it'll save money on reducing parts. But to upgrade this or do a fresh build... new case, new runs, new cooler, new look... That's where I'm at, to save money or go all out and enjoy a brand new build.

Have you thought about waiting to see if Fractal-Design will offer a Meshify C Mini?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

8 hours ago, HorrorCosmic said:

Honestly, the CPU is probably fine if you're just gaming and not doing anything that relies heavily on multithreaded performance. If anything, you should just upgrade the GPUs and the case.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

14 hours ago, HorrorCosmic said:

well if you have the money i dont see why not, its obviously something you will enjoy doing

I'd love to build in a meshify and looking water custom water cooling done in the case. It's very cramp,  but also means I'll have to get new fittings, pump, res, hardliners tubing, a 360mm rad. It's just more cost efficient if I use what I already have or spend it on what matter, the hardware, and keep my case and cooling.