Thumbnails

Dave419

Been watching LTT for a long time, always a good way to start or finish a day. But lately the really dumb thumbnails have gotten to a point that it really stops me from watching, it's almost as bad as those thumbnails that are just photoshoped pictures of a plane crashing into cars or other click baity pictures. Like the one where Linus has 2 mini graphics cards in "The TINIEST Nvidia SLI Setup EVER?"

Look I get it, this is a business, people don't work for free, and the 140k red camera doesn't buy itself. And if thumbnails like this get you more views then well, fuck it right?

That being said, I just thought i should give some feedback from someone who has watched a lot of your content and just can't stand the click bait direction you guys have headed. Thought that any feedback is good feedback.

Just my 2 cents.

1 minute ago, Dave419 said:

Been watching LTT for a long time, always a good way to start or finish a day. But lately the really dumb thumbnails have gotten to a point that it really stops me from watching, it's almost as bad as those thumbnails the are just photoshoped pictures of a plane crashing into cars or other click baity pictures. Like the one where Linus has 2 mini graphics cards in "The TINIEST Nvidia SLI Setup EVER?"

Look I get it, this is a business, people don't work for free, and the 140k red camera doesn't buy itself. And if thumbnails like this get you more views then well, fuck it right?

That being said, I just thought i should give some feedback from someone who has watched a lot of your content and just can't stand the click bait direction you guys have headed. Thought that any feedback is good feedback.

Just my 2 cents.

In a Samuel L. Jackson voice: "Don't you dare to start another one of these goddamn threads". 

Anyways, this has been addressed many times by Linus and I shall leave it at that.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

In a Samuel L. Jackson voice: "Don't you dare to start another one of these goddamn threads". 

Anyways, this has been addressed many times by Linus and I shall leave it at that.

Sorry, don't frequent the forum, just thought I'd give my 2 cents.

i agree. check out some of the other youtubers like paul/kyle gamers nexus jayz2cents scistudio level1techs. lots of guys out there. ltt has turned into a toys r us for small boys. good for the occasional watch

blackshades on

The thumbnails go away the second you start the video. Why is this such a big deal to people?

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

9 hours ago, Dave419 said:

Sorry, don't frequent the forum, just thought I'd give my 2 cents.

They made video addressing it (linked above ). Point being that you aren't first to complain and your opinion is understandable, but against vast majority of clicks, it doesn't have a chance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You are forgetting the copious amounts of outdated memes they include in their videos to attract the “kool (13 year old) kidz”. 

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz