Wifi speeds are a lot slower than LAN.

Nickco43

Fastest Laptop WiFi card I have ever seen was 867 Mbps on 5 Ghz. but  your not getting that. Does your router feel blistering hot? If so it could be over heating and I know that can cause connection issues. Also noticed your network mode on 5 Ghz is A/N only. Fastest N can do on 5 Ghz is like 450 Mbps. I know this because I bought one of the fastest Wireless N adapters a few years back. See if there is an AC only option. I wonder if you have an older device dragging down the speed of your network.  

Secondly try updating/reinstalling the WiFI drivers to your mac. Ive seen funny things when it comes to drivers. Other than that, this is one of the issue with WiFi, it doesn't perform. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Fastest Laptop WiFi card I have ever seen was 867 Mbps on 5 Ghz. but  your not getting that. Does your router feel blistering hot? If so it could be over heating and I know that can cause connection issues. Also noticed your network mode on 5 Ghz is A/N only. Fastest N can do on 5 Ghz is like 450 Mbps. I know this because I bought one of the fastest Wireless N adapters a few years back. See if there is an AC only option. I wonder if you have an older device dragging down the speed of your network.  

Secondly try updating/reinstalling the WiFI drivers to your mac. Ive seen funny things when it comes to drivers. Other than that, this is one of the issue with WiFi, it doesn't perform. 

After messing with open WRT here are todays high scores:

Macbook:

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6688532455

Huawei Mate 9:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/3272894965

The speed test vary between 150 and 250 mbps. From online research It seems like the Macbook air can do 500 Mbps and my phone can do 250mpbs.

I tested and confirmed that I an getting gigabit lan out of the 1900AC.