Floatplane windows 10 app

gGODg

When floatplane becomes its own thing and not part of the forums , i just signed up.  A windows 10 app with live tiles and notifications would be great

i already downloaded a youtube app just for this, i find windows 10 apps to to be great.

Not sure if it would be difficult or not , watched the WAN show, maybe a developer you're looking for might have produced some before.

This might be stupid... But what is floatplane pilot?

1 minute ago, Vx0x said:

Early access platform which lets users get all LMG videos a week or two early. 

2 minutes ago, Vx0x said:

all the magic details you need:

-Dx

Just now, Xalior said:

all the magic details you need:

-Dx

Oh ok thanks :)

1 hour ago, gGODg said:

When floatplane becomes its own thing and not part of the forums , i just signed up.  A windows 10 app with live tiles and notifications would be great

i already downloaded a youtube app just for this, i find windows 10 apps to to be great.

Not sure if it would be difficult or not , watched the WAN show, maybe a developer you're looking for might have produced some before.

Right now they are building the site in html and other web frameworks. This maximizes the amount of people they can reach for the hours spent on development and so is probably the focus. Native apps for Windows UWP and macOS not only needs more development time and therefore money. As Linus said in this weeks WAN show the reason LinusMediaGroup is doing so well is that they make smart decisions and spend money wisely. Putting all of this effort into unlocking a couple of extra features native to windows does not seem wise. 

I would rather they invested in downloader apps that automatically grab subscribed content onto a users media server. This requires less coding as a massive UI is not needed and buys them time deploying cloud infrastructure as many people can automatically download content instead of stream it. I also know that that is an unlikely addition for the same time = money thing. I just hope for an open api that other developers like me can work with to create stuff like that.

oh, i was hoping a windows 10 app for live tile , would be pretty easy, though i am not a developer.

figure it would just grab the new website for floatplane like these youtube apps which appear much like a custom internet explorer/chrome or a android app on windows, fetching html

6 minutes ago, gGODg said:

oh, i was hoping a windows 10 app for live tile , would be pretty easy, though i am not a developer.

figure it would just grab the new website for floatplane like these youtube apps which appear much like a custom internet explorer/chrome or a android app on windows, fetching html

When they get into app making part, Android and iOS would be priority. Catching mobile audience is more important than giving something more for PC and Windows tablet users.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm sure all app platforms will be considered in due course, but for now the priority is launching the dedicated website.

HTTP/2 203

46 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

When they get into app making part, Android and iOS would be priority. Catching mobile audience is more important than giving something more for PC and Windows tablet users.

There are mobile users and Xbox Users on Windows 10 as well.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

There are mobile users and Xbox Users on Windows 10 as well.

Care to estimate their share compared to android and iOS users?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Feature suggestions, and in fact this site in general, is not the place to argue about whether developing Windows apps makes sense. Decisions on Floatplane apps will be taken in due course by the Floatplane team.

HTTP/2 203